TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs
Hiroki
Helpful Answer

V-HD box with AP:52 error - Help Needed

Hi,

I got this today as a self-install, conected it up and called the quicklaunch line gave them the serial number/card number got told to wait 20mins - repowered up the box and now all I get is the virgin logo and AP:52 on the front of the box.

I called the quicklaunch line again who passed me to faults who then said it was quciklaunch I needed to speak to and they would call me back in 10 mins (that was 25 mins ago).

Anyone know if this could be solved over the phone today or does it look like it will be needing an engineers visit?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
DTV_Phone

Re: V-HD box with AP:52 error - Help Needed

Hi Hiroki

I do apologise for the fault you are having with the box.

I have just tried to get connection from here and there is no connection with the box at all.

This will require a engineer visit.

I have booked you a appointment for tomorrow between 12-4. If you cannot make this appointment please post back in and i can change it for you.

Thanks

Terry

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Hiroki

Thanks Terry but the box is working now. I called back the quicklaunch line and the woman on the phone asked me if I was replacing another box and informed her that it was replacing a v+ box, she put me on hold for a minute then came back and asked me to reboot the box and it worked from there. Thanks for the help and please cancel the engineer appointment. Thanks again
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
DTV_Phone

Hi Hiroki

Thats brilliant. Thank You for letting us know.

Terry

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Hiroki

Yeah it's great news :smileyhappy: Btw another V-HD box turned up between 5pm-6pm today....any idea what I do with that and my old v+ box?
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
wishi

Sorry, I didn't see this thread. (See another posted)

We've had our VBox for a few years and ours is stuck on AP52. Tried pulling out the cable for a few minutes, the usual quick fix, and it hasn't helped. All we're getting on screen is the Virgin Media logo.

There must be a general problem, then.

We're in BS16.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
SpiderJon

According to the message on the Technical Support line (ie, 151 + all the relevant menu options to get to TV fault reporting) there's a problem with the TV service in the Avon area (nothwithstanding the fact that 'Avon' hasn't actually existed since 1996).

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JPerryQuedgeley

I have the same issue. An engineer is due out on Monday. I tried to get them to reset my account to continue using my old PACE box. But now that has an error saying that the I have the wrong Smart Card. I've used the same card and box for 10 years. It seems I'm in limbo. My PACE box is nowrestricted to basic channels. I think its because you can only regester one box on a line at a time. Called activation, they put me through to faults, back to another team.

No-one seems to want to get me back to where I was before I changed the box.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
dogs_life

[ Edited ]

Hi Johnathan,

I think in a way you have already identified the problem but just want someone to reassure you that you are right.

I had the same issue when I got my box on Wednesday but am now up and running. It seems that as the boxes are so new the operators don't know what to do (unless you strike it lucky like I did - after the 4th call).

The problem is this - the new V HD boxes are supposed to be supplied with a new smart card, however the self install boxes aren't. When you phone up to activate the new box the operator assumes that you have both a new box & card. When they send the signal there is a mismatch of information and the box will not activate (it will just stick on AP52 with a little beating heart to the left).

You need to let the operator know you are using your old card and that they need to match he old card with the new box. If they do this within a few seconds the box will re-set and count back up to AP52 then stop, this time the little heart will stop beating. They (Virgin) will be able to see your box on the network and can then go through the rest of the activation routine (this takes about 10 minutes).

It is really trial and error if you get an operator who can spot the problem. If you get through to the India call centre I would just hang up. Because they can't see your box on the network they give up straight away and then book an engineer visit, which will not help as it is a mis-match of information that is causing the problem. As for the problem with your old Pace box, because they think you have a new smart card they have deactivated the old one.

I hope this information is of some help and keep trying on the phone as you will eventually get someone who will get you up and running.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
paymaster

Thank you very much  dogs life - I too had the same problems yesterday. I went through a couple of advisers and a succession of 20 minute waits with no joy, just sticking at AP52. Even problems, which were solved, getting my old box to work again because the card claimed it was the wrong box.

Despite my indicating I doubted it would help I have an engineer booked for , wait for it, 21 April - allegedly the earliest available date.

You confirm my suspicions that  many Virgin staff have, through no fault of their own, not been informed of what is happening with self install V HD boxes. I will try again on Monday to see if anyone can be persuaded to get my HD box working remotely.

IF VIRGIN STAFF (sorry to shout) are reading this, I wonder if it might be possible to get some more dedicated help line avaiable? If nothing else it would, from Virgin's point of view, save a lot of money in wholly pointless engineer visits. 

Please use plain text.