TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
ElliefromEssex

V+ Box won't do anything

Hi

Since yesterday morning my V+ box has decided not to want to do anything.  I will explain in full.

Early yesterday morning my box was working fine and i could change channel, volume access my Recorded programmes etc.

However since about 9.00 am yesterday morning, the volume cannot be changed, neither can you change the channel or do anything else.  So the box was rebooted, this allowed me to change the channel, just, however this continued for most of the day, changing channel was painful to say the least, basically the box had to be rebooted for me to be able to change the channel, this only worked for a short time and eventually it stayed on one channel, despite being rebooted several times.  I even took the card out, all the normal stuff one would try.

The online light is on permanently and has been since yesterday morning. In the end I got so fed up with watching the rubbish that was on the channel it was fixed on, that I called 150 and they managed to access my box and reboot it (I must say that every time the box has been rebooted the virgin logo does not appear) and they managed to change the channel remotely and lucky enough I was also able to change the channel.  This lucky enough managed to get me through the night and I was able to change the channel occasionally.

This morning the box is back to how it was yesterday morning, not doing anything, again it has been rebooted god knows how many times and again I got so annoyed with it that I again rang 150, only this time for them not to be so helpful, yes they rebooted the box remotely, and luckily enough managed to change the channel to something that I can actually watch.  However that’s as far as the help went.  The call centre have been extremely unhelpful in this matter and with the organisation of an engineer.

It seems that my box has issues every time the Video On Demand Service is down.  However this is only the second time this has happened the first time was a few months ago, and again it was when the Video on Demand service was down and the same thing happened to my box, it wouldn’t change channel etc.

Can someone please help and rectify the problem, I’m extremely annoyed that I cannot access any programmes that I have recorded or even change channel, and to be honest I can’t put up with one channel for the next god knows how many days until and engineer can come out to me.

From what I have read on this forum it seems as if this could be something that can be reified remotely, is this the case?

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: V+ Box won't do anything

If your volume could not be changed either I'd be changing the batteries in remote to rule that out
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ElliefromEssex

The batteries were new the other day, but I have changed them to make sure.  The buttons on the front of the box won't work either

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

Hi Ellie,

Do you have an engineer visit already set up?

What happens when you press OK on the front of the box?  Does the Mini Guide display at all?

Cheers

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ElliefromEssex

Apparantely one is due to visit on Thursday.

The OK button doesn't do anthing.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

It sounds like it could be a hard drive fault.  But with the remote not working as well that could suggest a box fault.

If you can't change channel via remote or box then a technician will definitely be needed.

Kind Regards

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ElliefromEssex

Since my last post, my box has just automatically rebooted and low and behold the guide has come back as i'm typing this my other half is going though each channel to see if everything is back.  Woo Hoo

Please use plain text.