Settled in nicely I
pamela1968

TV keeps cutting out

My picture on my tv keeps cutting out every so often. You can be watching a programme and the screen suddenly goes blank an stays off for up to at least 10 seconds or more. Has been doing this for at least 3 weeks now and has been getting quite frustrating. I've followed all the guidance on how i can try to fix it to no avail!!!! I phoned on Sunday night to get help with this and was told an engineer would come out on Wedenesday. fine! Wednesday comes and i get an text saying that nobody would be coming out as it was like a local area error and it would be fixed. By this point my broadband had now been playing up. Broadband is now ok but TV still driving me mad. When you look into the "technical stuff" screen after this it comes up with "post rs errors" each time. Please can somebody help.
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Cheryl_L

Re: TV keeps cutting out

Hi pamela1968,

I have just looked into this for you and the area issue has now been fixed, so if you are still experiencing this issue I will need to book you a technician.

I have booked you our next available appointment for Tuesday 8-12, if this is not convenient please let us know and we will reschedule for you.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
pamela1968

That would be alright Cheryl.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
ricey

We've been suffering the same thing for months. Plus the so-called 20mb broadband keeps shutting off, requiring the "switch off at wall" reset at least 3 times a day. Not good when you're in the middle of an on-line transaction.

On Monday we lost TV, broadband & telephone. No indication from Virgin as to why etc. Or when all services will be restored. Providing a help telephone number is all good and well if you have a 'phone to contact them with........

I work from home. Anyone know where to send Virgin an invoice for the lost services and for the the lost business incurred due to the totally C**P service provided.

I never though I'd go back to BT , but HERE I COME!!!!!

Oh, and when Virgin sent out their guys to "install" my 20 mb broadband, they didn't know how to do it. I ended up showing them. Virgin, of course,  had a installation charge for their expertise.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Cheryl_L

Hi ricey,

I have just looked into this for you and cant see any fault with the phone line, can you confirm this is still happening.

I have looked at the TV service and am not picking up any signal from the box, can you confirm that the box is switched on for me.

In regards to the broadband you would need to post this in our broadband section as we do not deal with broadband.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
oasis_77

I've been having the same issue with my V+ box.  It will cut out for a few seconds, the online light will flash and then come back on.  Done the similar self-fix attempts as suggested but still getting the problem.

Is there anything else I can try??

Liam

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Cheryl_L

Hi oasis_77,

We currently have an issue in your area, can you confirm for me how long this has been happening.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
oasis_77

Yeah,

Did notice that fault on the service status, had no service at all this morning but the intermittent fault has been happening for the last week or so.

Had the issue before that we were losing channels (started @ 101, 102...) but discovered that it was a loose cable @ the junction point and that fixed that issue (checked it again and its not loose).

The box is one of the original TW TVDrive boxes and was installed in March 06, do you think that the box could be failing??

Cheers,

Liam

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Cheryl_L

Hi Liam,

I have looked into this for you and the issue we have is not with the pictures blanking out and with this ongoing for a while I have booked you our next available appointment  for a technician Tuesday 12-4.

If this is not convenient then please let us know and we will reschedule for you.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
oasis_77

I have a meeting on tuesday @ 3, if possible friday morning would be better

Cheers,

Liam

Please use plain text.