Just joined
jc75
Helpful Answer

TIVO Remote - volume control

My old TV remote from my V+ box was able to control the volume on my amp/tv but new one doesnt do so...is there a way to get it to do so?

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid III
Scott_C

Re: TIVO Remote - volume control

Hi jc75,

Did the technician who installed your Tivo box not set up the new Tivo remote to control the sound on your TV?

Regards

Scott_C
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
Just joined
jc75

No...can it be done with a code...onkyo amp...
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Michael_S

Hi jc75,

If you go through Help and Settings, and then Help.  There should be an option for "help with your remote" on the top bar.  If you go through this there is an option to get help programming your remote.

Follow the on screen instructions and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Just joined
jc75

Thanks all sorted.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
WickedestSound

Hello. You mean you got your TiVo remote to control your Onkyo? If so then can you tell me what code you used and/or how you did it please? Many thanks. Alex.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
chris100

[ Edited ]

I couldnt get any of the codes listed for my Hitachi TV to work. I took a gander at the TiVo manufactures website and took note of two statements about the remote controls. The ability to LEARN from the TV or other devices remote and the SCAN ALL method. The Virgin TiVo remote does not have a learn mode or the key combinations to enable it are not the same as published by TiVo. However the SCAN ALL does work.

Follow the Virgin instruction for inputting a code ( point remote away from set, press and hold TV and Clear buttons till remote LED flashes twice). Input code 0999.

Now point the Virgin TiVo remote at your TV or AV device and press Channel UP. Repeat the Channel UP press with two second gaps untill your TV turns OFF. Now press OK on remote. Turn your TV on with the TV remote and hey presto, the Volume and Mute controls off the TiVo remote operate the TV volume and mute options.

That is a lot quicker than inputting 0000 to 9999 to see if you can find the right code.

http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/292

Please use plain text.