TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Bright Spark
Time4Change

Standard V-Box with HDMI?

I have 2x V+ Boxes and 1x Standard Samsung V-Box in the bedroom.

I have just treated myself to a new telly for the bedroom, which comes with HDMI connections.

As the Samsung V-Box only has SCART outputs, what are the chances of me being able to swap this box for one with HDMI outputs please, so I can enjoy the best possible picture quality?

NB: I already pay a small fortune in charges for my package, so a very dim view will be taken for requests for more money being needed to solve my problem!

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Re: Standard V-Box with HDMI?

£20 QuickStart fee to get one posted to you.
*I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Time4Change

Cheers for replying, but how/where do I get one of these and what model cable box will I get, please?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

The page that allows you to do this via the web has dissapeared now, so you will need to phone. The box you will get will be the Cisco VHD.

virgin-hd-v-box-cable-tv-set-top-box-206489.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
joebloggs

[ Edited ]

There maybe a £40 (or £49?) HD activation charge if you want HD... This could be lower now but that's what it was when I signed up.

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Tbgbe

He already has 2 V+ - so HD should activated on his account. Anyway, I believe HD activation is redundant now as only HD boxes are available to order.

TVXL(V+), BB10Mb, Ph(M)
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
Time4Change

Thanks nodrogd, but have found the order link on My Virgin Media / "View or change package" link. It shows as an upgrade to VHD for £20.

Cheers

Please use plain text.