TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Reply
Clever-clogs
Aarb77
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎25-09-2010

Sky Atlantic

Simple question

 

Will VM be including Sky Atlantic when it is launched?

 

 

Many of the popular US shows will be switching from Sky 1 to Sky Atlantic and therefore if the new channel is not to be available to VM, and only to Sky customers, it confirms the opinions of two classes of pay-TV.

 

 

 

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Aarb77
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎25-09-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

Well, that's great. Certainly clears that up. Thanks very much to all the VM staff who read this question and instead of just ignoring it, posted their very helpful replies.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E
Posts: 2,687
Registered: ‎25-03-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

Aarb77,

 

At present we have no information to advise if Sky Atlantic will be launched on VM.

 

That is not to say those behind scenes are not in discussions to add channel to VM's ever growing channel line up.

 

Cheers

 


Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team


If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Skellers
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎17-10-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

I guess now the adverts on the Sky channels are saying Sky Atlantic is "exclusive to Sky customers", this means Virgin Media will not be carrying the channel.  

 

Can anyone from VM confirm or deny that?

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs
Posts: 1,351
Registered: ‎30-10-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

[ Edited ]

 


Skellers wrote:

I guess now the adverts on the Sky channels are saying Sky Atlantic is "exclusive to Sky customers", this means Virgin Media will not be carrying the channel.  

 

Can anyone from VM confirm or deny that?


Programmes on the channel will also be offered to Sky customers via on-demand channels including the Sky-Anytime+ service. As of 1 October 2010, BSkyB said that it could not confirm any wholesale deals with other pay-TV operators, such as Virgin Media, to carry Sky Atlantic

 

 

Try searching google its actually very helpful!

 

This is a help and support forum you wont get an answer to that here simply because it cant be answered. Everyone always said Virgin would never have sky sports/movies HD but we do now :smileywink:

______________________________________________________________
**I am employed by Virgin Media**
**Everything I post is in my own time and my own opinion**
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
ianjayne
Posts: 650
Registered: ‎03-09-2009

Re: Sky Atlantic

When is it to be launched, what Ch No if on now, I have Sky but cannot find it in the listings?  If its taking Sky 1 pgms I'm not getting excited!!!

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs
Posts: 1,351
Registered: ‎30-10-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

 


ianjayne wrote:

When is it to be launched, what Ch No if on now, I have Sky but cannot find it in the listings?  If its taking Sky 1 pgms I'm not getting excited!!!


Try searching google its actually very helpful!

 

______________________________________________________________
**I am employed by Virgin Media**
**Everything I post is in my own time and my own opinion**
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Aarb77
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎25-09-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

The quote looks like it is lifted straight from Wikipedia which, although often extremely useful, should not be quoted as the be-all-and-end-all source of information, as its information is only as accurate as the myriad of authors make it.

 

However, if indeed it is the case that VM have failed to secure the rights to broadcast this channel over the cable platform, then it is a poor show. This will almost certainly guarantee the great deal of ship jumping.

 

Shame on you Virgin Media, for failing your customers, firstly by not securing this channel, if indeed that is the case, and secondly by not giving us, your (current) customers a straight answer on the topic.

 

Sky has given their customers a launch date, details of where to find it in the EPG, details of which packages it will appear in and so on. You still will not even confirm officially that you are not launching it.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr
Posts: 12,812
Registered: ‎11-08-2009

Re: Sky Atlantic

[ Edited ]

Aarb77 wrote:

The quote looks like it is lifted straight from Wikipedia which, although often extremely useful, should not be quoted as the be-all-and-end-all source of information, as its information is only as accurate as the myriad of authors make it.

 

However, if indeed it is the case that VM have failed to secure the rights to broadcast this channel over the cable platform, then it is a poor show. This will almost certainly guarantee the great deal of ship jumping.

 

Shame on you Virgin Media, for failing your customers, firstly by not securing this channel, if indeed that is the case, and secondly by not giving us, your (current) customers a straight answer on the topic.

 

Sky has given their customers a launch date, details of where to find it in the EPG, details of which packages it will appear in and so on. You still will not even confirm officially that you are not launching it.

 

 


The channel is Sky's to confirm. They are running, paying for it and marketing it, so of course they will announce it first. If they don't want to make it available to anyone else, then no amount of money will change their mind.

 

However, it's not due to launch until Feb next year, so there is still time for Virgin to see if they can come to an arrangement. If and when they do then at that stage it will be announced

 

As I've tried to point out many many times in the past, during any negotiations to carry a channel it's all completely confidential. So Virgin can't confirm or deny anything officially unitil either deal has been done, or it's definately not been done.

**********************************
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs
Posts: 1,351
Registered: ‎30-10-2010

Re: Sky Atlantic

If you type "sky atlantic" into google you could probably quote from upto the first 100 links that appear, so yes wikipedia may not be useful but I was pointing at google and that was one of hundreds that gave the info.

 

How can you say shame on Virgin Media? SKY do not have to share it with us and if Virgin Media are not willing to pay over the odds it would be for a good reason. Would you pay an extra £20 a month for one channel? If thats the sort of extortionate price SKY are asking then shame on them.

______________________________________________________________
**I am employed by Virgin Media**
**Everything I post is in my own time and my own opinion**
Please use plain text.