TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
cliveradley

Sky Atlantic

A question for Virgin Media. Are we ever going to get Sky Atlantic? Missing the latest series of Mad Men was very irritating

Please use plain text.
Superuser
AMWSmith

Re: Sky Atlantic

No we are not going to get it at the moment. SKY are holding it for themselfs.

Tony.
2X TiVo 500G (TV XL) 152Mb BB & Weekend Calls.
Please use plain text.
Wizard
jimmyjgb

[ Edited ]

Is that 100% true, or are Sky just overvaluing it - i.e. setting the price to VM at a cost too high? I suspect that it is the latter, Of course Virgin Media pulling out of television content has not helped. What is irritating though is the content of Sky Atlantic has somewhat strayed from the content it was supposed to have been set up for, but as long the competition regulations in Britain are so weak then this will only continue, but Sky will always have the "We invest in content" argument which unfortunately is true as Virgin stopped bothering.

Please use plain text.
wilkenstein1974

Is there any chance of anything 'official' from Virgin Media on this subject?

I like many others would love to be able to watch Sky Atlantic so would be good to know if it's ever likely to come to VM or if there are even talks going on with Sky about this.

Very long time VM customer, from the old blueyonder days.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
praxis

Not sure why everyone gets so excited about Sky Atlantic 80% of the shows are repeats that have been shown on half a dozen other channels ? Star Trek Next Generation for example
Please use plain text.
wilkenstein1974

I am sure you're right, but for me I would happily pay a premium for Boardwalk Empire, Veep, The Newsroom & Game of Thrones alone to name just a few.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
praxis

Why not just download them I don,t doubt they have them on iTunes
Please use plain text.
wilkenstein1974

None of the shows I've listed are on itunes or anything like that and won't be as they are Sky Atlantic shows, so they're only available on that chanel.

As for downloading them, well "No comment" on illegal downloads, but it would just be nice to be able to see them on a normal TV at the time of broadcast instead of a few days/months later, or via a pc link of some sort.

I am sure there are plenty of people that don't care about Sky Atlantic being on Virgin and that's fine, they wouldn't pay for it anyway, and I am sure you  must come into that category, but for those of us that DO want to be able to watch it via our Virgin Media boxes, the question still stands and is a valid one, so again all I am asking is if there is anything official from Virgin on this subject.

Please use plain text.