TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
The_Damien
Helpful Answer

Sharp Aquos HDMI problem

Just had an engineer out to the house, and he installed the Virgin Media V+HD box for us, very pleasant man and everything seemed to be working brilliantly. Just after he left the screen started refreshing on EXT5 (HDMI port) and then eventually it started vertically scrolling downwards (still occasionally refreshing).

Now.. I called Virgin Tech Support who said there is no problem with my signal strength, or any aspect of my Virgin account it seems, although the lady escalated to 2nd line tech to keep an eye on the signal and correct any problems remotely. I have faith that this will happen, but I doubt that it is actually the signal.

I have tried the following things to resolve the issue:

Checked HDMI connection on both TV and V+HD box (both connected fine)

Tried a different HDMI cable (no change)

Switched to SCART on V+ Settings (video/no audio)

Checked that white Virgin cable was connected properly to both box and wall (check)

Reset Box (no change, although video degraded temporarily for a few moments)

I have no idea where to go with this one, I suspect it might be the TV firmware needing an update, or perhaps a faulty V+HD box, but I have no way of checking these myself.

TV Model is Sharp Aquos LC-32AD5E (which does not show up on Sharp's website)

Just to demonstrate the problem, I recorded a video and uploaded it to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelL3RGSpqA

ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Wizard
withitnow

Re: Sharp Aquos HDMI problem

I am not sure what causes this. Try resetting your tv to manufacturer settings as if it was a new tv and then set it up. It may well be some sort of setting since it has been in use that is affecting it.

TiVo 1TB
V HD
100 Broadband
XL TV
M Phone
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
The_Damien

Why didn't I think of this!? LOL.

You know what, thank you, this worked perfectly (for now) but I am so glad you suggested this. Many MANY thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Wizard
withitnow

Hey, no problems, I obviously have far too much time on my hands to think about solutions. Lol.

Hope it continues to work for you. :smileyhappy:

TiVo 1TB
V HD
100 Broadband
XL TV
M Phone
Please use plain text.