Making Waves
duncansboots

Set top box keeps shutting down and rebooting.

Hi,

Today my set top box has started turning itself off and rebooting itself time and time again. It stays on a channel for a couple of minutes (and does what ive mentioned above), sometimes when rebooting,when the letters/numbers run across the box its freezing, sticking and then restarts counting again.

Also if the channel stays on and i use the remote to change it every channel is blank only for it to start all over again.

Ive done all the usual checks on the box i.e taking the plug out the wall etc.

The name on the front of the box is, 

Explorer 4000 DVB. If that is any help.

Thanks for any help.Cheers. Lynn

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Cheryl_L

Re: Set top box keeps shutting down and rebooting.

Hi duncansboots,

I have just taken a look at the box and it all appears to be OK from here, so we will need to send a technician to take a look at this for you.  I have booked you our next available appointment which is tomorrow 12-4, if you cannot make this please let us know and we will reschedule for you.

Thanks

Cheryl_L
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
duncansboots

Re: Set top box keeps shutting down and rebooting.

Thanks Cherl_L, yes thats would be great.

I turned the box of through the night and when ive turned it on this morning the problems still there.

Thanks once again, Lynn

Please use plain text.