Settled in nicely I
sinton

Premier Sports on Virgin

I realise there is a history on this forum relative to the possibility of Virgin providing a platform for viewing Premier Sports but can anyone help?

For purely selfish reasons (coverage of rugby league in 2012), I would really like to know whether Virgin have any genuine interest in this channel. There appears to be a growing number of rugby league fans that are considering a switch to Sky just so they can get Premier Sports, albeit a PPV channel.

The last response I had from Virgin was earlier this month and was as follows:

Your query regarding Premier Sports channel has been passed to me to take a look at for you.

We currently have no plans to add this channel to our line-up, should demand for the channel increase and an arrangment with the provider be agreed will we add the service.

We do add new channels and services all the time, most recently we have added the PBS channel to our current line up.

No help whatsoever really, don't care about PBS as it had absolutely nothing to do with my enquiry!

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
sinton

Re: Premier Sports on Virgin

Anyone else trying to pester for Premier Sports?

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

sinton wrote:

Many thanks for your e-mail. I am responsible for the content proposition for sports and Premium channel offerings at Virgin Media. I appreciate hearing your views on Premier Sports and your interest in having this channel available on Virgin Media. I agree with you in that Premier Sports provides some great coverage of live sporting events and it is evolving into an impressive channel, I am pleased to say that we are in fairly advanced negotiations with Premier Sports and we really hope to launch this channel in the coming months, I’m afraid I don’t have a set date at the moment but if you keep an eye on our website we will keep it updated with launch news. We do constantly review and evolve the channels we make available and try very hard to give everyone something they really want so it's really useful to hear comments from customers like you. This really helps us develop our future thinking and product roadmap. Kind regards Emma

Emma Jones - General Manager
Future Entertainment Sàrl

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mvq_5WOI40wJ:www.facebook.com/topic.php%3Fuid%3...

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
J_P Settled in nicely I
Settled in nicely I
J_P

At last progress :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Just joined
Garyo1

Hi Emma,

Has any progress been made re the intention to transmit Premier Sports, I would just like to reiterate the comment on this forum re Rugby League, I subscribe to many RL forums and the feeling among Virgin subscribers regarding the non transmission of Premier Sports is causing many of them to reconsider their contracts and defect to Sky from whom it is available, I will gladly pass on any information you give me to the relevant RL forums,

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
jackknife

Iv just recently moved from sky to virgin and i wasnt aware that premier sports wasnt part of the package (my fault for not checking) i have subscribed to premier sports in the past when the rugby league season is on n i really hope virgin can get this channel on the package that and Sky Atlantic also didnt realize this channel wasnt included which is a bummer!
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

jackknife wrote:
Sky Atlantic also didnt realize this channel wasnt included which is a bummer!

Really ? It is be well publicized. You have no chance of getting that channel anytime soon.

Well Sky have witheld Sky Atlantic from smallworld cable

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=52757936&postcount=13

It is obvious that Sky want to keep this exclusive and Sky's offer to Virgin Media was not genuine ( Very inflated price )

________________________________________________________________________________

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer.
Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
gerald63

[ Edited ]

jackknife wrote:
Iv just recently moved from sky to virgin and i wasnt aware that premier sports wasnt part of the package (my fault for not checking) i have subscribed to premier sports in the past when the rugby league season is on n i really hope virgin can get this channel on the package

I think Premier Sports will come to Virgin Media in the next few months.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
Garyo1

gerald63 wrote:

sinton wrote:

Many thanks for your e-mail. I am responsible for the content proposition for sports and Premium channel offerings at Virgin Media. I appreciate hearing your views on Premier Sports and your interest in having this channel available on Virgin Media. I agree with you in that Premier Sports provides some great coverage of live sporting events and it is evolving into an impressive channel, I am pleased to say that we are in fairly advanced negotiations with Premier Sports and we really hope to launch this channel in the coming months, I’m afraid I don’t have a set date at the moment but if you keep an eye on our website we will keep it updated with launch news. We do constantly review and evolve the channels we make available and try very hard to give everyone something they really want so it's really useful to hear comments from customers like you. This really helps us develop our future thinking and product roadmap. Kind regards Emma

Emma Jones - General Manager
Future Entertainment Sàrl

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mvq_5WOI40wJ:www.facebook.com/topic.php%3Fuid%3...

Is Emma Jones still in employ at Virgin? It would be courteous to receive a reply, thanks

Please use plain text.
Just joined
pg2090

I've just called Virgin Media to ask about the chances of getting Virgin Media within the next couple of months (in time for the Championship season) and got told that it will not happen by then (start of March). SKY will have one more customer as of tomorrow! 

Please use plain text.