TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a Question
Fresh as a Daisy
Jeffcollins

New LG TV ... Remote stopped working

Hi, Just bought a new LG 37LH2000 tv at weekend, and ever since my remote for my pace box has stopped working. Have tried changing batteries, but to no avail, reset box numerous times again still not working. The buttons on the front of the unit still function ok though.

Have read numerous forums on this, but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Have tried the backlight thing and that doesn't work either.

Anyone got any advice?

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Michael_S

Re: New LG TV ... Remote stopped working

Hi Jeff,

Have you tried switching off the TV altogether to see if you get any response from the remote control (e.g a flashing light on the box when a button is pressed)?

If you do then, it could be something to do with the signal coming from the TV.  In that case, the few things you can try is to switch the energy saving mode off, and as you mentioned the back lighting, but ultimately, this will be something that your TV manufacturers should be able to help with.

If there is no response from the box when the TV is off, then it's probably just coincidence and we can send out a new remote.

Kind Regards

Mike

Michael S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Jeffcollins

With the TV switched off the remote still did not work. Reset the box whilst the tv was off and the remote seems to work (channel numbers change). As soon as TV is switched on the remote stops working.

I have also turned the energy save mode off on the TV, to no affect. So I switched both back off, powered up the Cable box, it works fine, but turned TV back on (with energy saving off) and it cuts the remote out again.

It is only the cable box remote which stops working. Also on the same stand I have a Freeview PVR box, a DVD player and a Hi-fi. One of the other forums seems to point it to the fact that its the Pace box and that the samsung ones work fine.

Regards,

Jeff.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Hi Jeff,

As you point out, everything works fine until you switch the TV on. This therefore points to an issue with the TV rather than the box, speak to the product manufacturer. Theres no issues surrounding pace boxes and lg tvs that we are aware of.

Chris

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Jeffcollins

Yes I agree that whilst the TV is causing the issue, it is not causing it with any of my other devices. Being an engineer myself I suggest there is a design weakness within the Virgin Media kit, which the new TV is showing up. This pace box is a really old design, I know we've had one since Telewest went digital, and all my "newer" devices work fine with the new TV.

For you infomation there's a number of other cases with people having problems with VM boxes...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/LG-LH2000-series-TVs-and-Virgin-box-remote-issues/td-p/23439

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11/33640197-virgin-media-remote-gone-weird.html

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-sat/thread.cgi?2882

http://www.avforums.com/forums/virgin-media/1126672-virgin-media-remote-wont-work-when-first-turning...

Perhaps a move to sky is my only answer.

Jeff.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

It is something that we are aware of, however it is an issue with the TV itself. There is however a work around which you should try- other than this I would suggest speaking to LG. Please read the following from one of our design engineers regarding this issue:

We have been recently looking into Remote Control Problems with LG TVs. This basically affects the V+ and Samsung 2110.

What seems to happen is that the Virgin Remote Control will not respond when the LG TV is turned on

The V+ or Samsung 2110 will change channels on its own accord and perform other actions which are not by user intervention

We believe this is because of the backlighting of the rear panel causing the remote control to jam the signals.

There are various settings that can help, such as reducing the contrast, brightness and backlighting.

Other aspects are: Energy Saving Light Blubs, Cordless Phones located close to the STB, Mirrors,

However, one of the technicians, confirmed that changing the Picture Mode to Vivid resolved the problem on the LG Model: 32LG5700

To change the Picture Mode to 'Vivid', then follow the necessary steps:

Press Menu

Select Picture

Select Picture Mode

Select Vivid

Chris

Chris Glen

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

As you can see, this issue is happening with other boxes also as well as PACE.

Chris

Chris Glen

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Jeffcollins

Quite bizarre, but after trying many picture setup combinations on the tv to no avail, I moved the Vm box when i went to reset it. Since it's been reset its started to work.

It's now sitting slightly further back from where it was on the unit, but now functions.

The TV picture is currently set as normal, and even changing it to something else doesn't seem to bother the box now.

I will keep and eye on it and post back if I get any further problems.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Christopher_G

Ok let us know how you go on. Glad its fixed or appears to be.....

Chris

Chris Glen

Please use plain text.