TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
dankety

Ld:30 message. Your digital TV will service start shortly

My V+ HD box is not connecting it says Ld:30 and sometimes Ld:20 with 'Your Digital TV will service start shortly' on the screen.

I've tried switching it off and back on but it just does the same thing. All the connections seem to be firm and secure

I have only had the service installed one day.

It was working yesterday when the engineers installed it, but then I went off to work and when I came back yesterday evening it wasn't working and it is still not working now.

Is there anything that can be done? I can't even contact Virgin because I don't have a phone and they don't seem to have an email address.

My service status for my area doesn't appear to be showing any disruptions that would affect the normal viewing of my the service.

I would really appreciate some help please.

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Luisa_B

Re: Ld:30 message. Your digital TV will service start shortly

Hi,

Sorry about the delayed response.

I've checked your details, and can't see any issue in the area affecting service.

I'm sending you a private message regarding a resolution to this issue. Please check your messages in a few moments.

Thanks,

Luisa B

Help & Support Forum Team
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
dankety

Thanks for a response.

You have arranged for an engineer due to come out on Monday a.m. to fix the problem.

That's my whole Bank Holiday weekend without any TV services. Not happy.

One would expect the team at Virgin to bend over backwards to sort out the 'teething' problems for new customers.

Let's see how this goes but having read some of the comments on the forums, I won't be holding my breath.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Have you tried holding the down button on the box untill ld14 appears?
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
dankety

Hi,

Thanks, I've tried that.

It flickers, repeats the same message on the screen, goes back up to Ld:40 and then eventually settles on PL:48.

I've restarted it several times now and tried it and it's just not working.

Please use plain text.
Mythical
jb66

Is your Internet working? If so you know that the White cable going into the hub is fine so you could try putting that into your v+ box unless the box is fubared
No longer registered
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
dankety

No,

I think the box is fubared.  It lasted all of 5 hours!

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
dankety

The internet is working, it's the V+ HD box that's broken.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi dankety,

You still having this problem?

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
dankety

Hi,

Yes I am having the exact same problem this morning.  Internet is working but my box appears to be broke and I firmly believe my Digital TV service will not start shortly.

Please use plain text.