TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
GokWanAcolytes

ITV on Demand

I understand we no longer have ITV on demand. Is anybody else bothered about this? I'm paying £100 a month and the service keeps getting worse. The on demand service is already very patchy, and now this!

I suppose I'll now have to watch online with either myself or my girlfirend craning their neck from the couch!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: ITV on Demand

ITV Catch up is still available
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
paultrademark

[ Edited ]

Sky are now advertising the fact they have the largest on demand library available, poor show VM.

1TB TiVo, 500GB TiVo, V+,
XL TV, 120MB BB, M Phone
If you like my post or want to thank me, click on the Kudos Star or Mark my answer as helpful
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

GokWanAcolytes wrote:

I understand we no longer have ITV on demand. Is anybody else bothered about this? I'm paying £100 a month and the service keeps getting worse. The on demand service is already very patchy, and now this!

I suppose I'll now have to watch online with either myself or my girlfirend craning their neck from the couch!

The official explanation for the removal of ITV On Demand:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/itv-On-Demand-gone/m-p/1747888/highlight/true#M92853

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
GokWanAcolytes

Funny, I talked to a Virgin saleman at a stand in an open air market in Liverpool this morning and he said

" Yeah mate, ITV on demand are going online only"

I've just come in and re-checked and yes, the last weeks ITV content is now there. I saw the missing content, scoured the internet and found this site

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/virgin-media-remove-itv-on-demand.html

and put two and two together.

Are we going to lose ITV on demand content at some stage?

Please use plain text.
The Sorter
BinghamBloke

That quote from mediaboy is just a copy/paste from the original place it was posted which nodrogd has posted.

On Demand content has been disappearing since the turn of the year as in January pages of kids content went and no explanation except for they had expired.
Virgin owned On Demand and made it unique but not any longer it seems
Please use plain text.
GokWanAcolytes

Thanks for link also, nodrogd.

I don't understand how saying that " the majority of the ITV catalogue has been shown " makes any sense. ITV are obviously continuing to make shows that people want to watch.

Please use plain text.