TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
DanZee

How to get BBC red button

According to

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sol/shared/bsp/hi/winter_olympics_2010/epg/html/epg.stm

I should be able to watch live olympics coverage using "BBC red button" over cable. How do I get that using my Virgin box? Or is this a different "cable" than the cable virgin uses?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: How to get BBC red button

BBC Red button should be on any BBC channel on cable (except BBC HD)
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
slievers

Is anyone else having difficulty getting the red button to work?

I have to change channel and wait a few minutes to see if it will come up, i find i have to change between the bbc channels several times and sometime reboot my v+ box to get the red button working.

I am also having problems when recording on BBC HD, it registers that the program is 30mins long, for example, but it only plays a couple of minutes then says i hope you enjoyed the show, and do you want to delete the recording.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Radioface

I can't suggest a solution, but I can confirm that I have a standard VM box and red button works fine so I guess it ought to work fo you too...  Mind you, it doesn't always work first time.  Sometimes it just says "Please wait" for ages and I have to cancel it but it usually works second time!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
heartsfan

Same problem here with a standard box.

Been working all through the winter olympics and never had a problem before. But since last night red button on any channel doesn't work.

Had to watch the olympics online last night.

Tried rebooting box many times but no joy. Sometimes it works on BBC channels but get same content as through the home menu (no multiscreen) .... just text.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Radioface

Have you tried entering the number for the red button channels directly?  The multi-screen just takes you off to another channel so perhaps you can jump straight to it?

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
heartsfan

I know u can put the numbers in directly on freeview (e.g. 301) but how do you do it on Virgin???

Can't find anything on the guide so what numbers are the multiscreen channels???

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ronnieross

Hi - I'm having the exact same problem as you Hearts Fan and I'm in Edinburgh (EH11). I've phone 150 and spoken to their 'technical' support and after a lot of faffing around I managed to convince them that they may have a technical fault in the area. Sadly they said it could take up to 5 days! and there are no separate channels to access the red button multiscreens like there are on freeview.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
heartsfan

Well I'm in Dundee (DD3) so maybe a fault here too!

I didn't think there were seperate channels for the multiscreen like freeview.

Please use plain text.
Crafty
Radioface

Oh sorry, my mistake.  I was thinking of my Freeview TV, I do apologise.

:smileysad:

Please use plain text.