Morrezaku

HDMI set up

When trying to set up HDMI on my TV i get message "no hdmi device detected" 

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Darren_E

Re: HDMI set up

Morrezaku,

At what stage of Setup do you receive message?

Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the TV set,(The hdmi connection can be left in the V+ STB), Switch TV off at the mains Reconnect HDMI to TV, Switch TV back on then retry setup.

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Darren_E

[ Edited ]

****Apologies Received IE Error First Reply, Re-submitted and both had posted.*****

Darren

Morrezaku,

At what stage of setup do you receive message?

Try unplugging the HDMI cable from the TV, (HDMI cable to V+ STB can stay connected), Switch Tv off at the mains, Reconnect HDMI cable to TV, Switch TV set back on.Then Try Setup.

Cheers

Darren E

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid I
Welcome__BHX

Morrezaku wrote:

When trying to set up HDMI on my TV i get message "no hdmi device detected" 

Once you have the box set up via HDMI, are you still watching via SCART and then going to the options to switch the V+ box to output in HDMI, then follow the instructions to switch to the HDMI input on your TV and when you see the picture on your HDMI input TV press the displayed key on the remote control?

Also, the V+ doesn't send out the presence voltage, some TVs only activate the HDMI socket if the voltage is present, so if your TV is one that works only with voltage present required, it will not see the V+ input, some TVs like the one I have has one HDMI port which doesn't require the voltage - so I have had to use HDNI port 3 on my TV as the others expect a voltage to be there.

Please use plain text.
Just joined
Morrezaku

Darren

Thanks for the reply

First when i use  TV's Remote on HDMI device list a message comes up "No HDMI device detected" 

Please use plain text.
Just joined
Morrezaku

Hi

I removed the scart and set TV to port 3 Set up successful but no sound only picture

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard I
Cheryl_L

Hi Morrezaku,

can you confirm that you are using an HDMI lead and not component leads.

Thanks

Cheryl

Cheryl_L

Please use plain text.