TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
Christine8
Helpful Answer

Extension cable for TIVO box

We have moved our TV and the cable to the TV box is too short. What do we need to buy to extend this?

Thanks in advance

Christine*

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: Extension cable for TIVO box

By rights, everything on Virgin's side of the box is their property & should only be changed by them. However, if you are only moving the box a short distance (up to 5 metres) you can get away with one of THESE.

Extending the cable more than 5 metres may result in problems with your service.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Christine8

Thanks for this. Just decided on change around at home and was hoping to have it sorted before everyone came home. Might see if I can get it locally first. :smileyhappy

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Christine8

Thanks for this. Just decided on change around at home and was hoping to have it sorted before everyone came home. Might see if I can get it locally first.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

[ Edited ]

The one selling on Amazon is the correct cable type (Webro triple screened) & has the correct connectors. DIY stores don't stock this type of cable.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Christine8

Thanks, that saves me a trip. Think I will have to switch the room back until it arrives. 

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
DonDan27

[ Edited ]
Hi
Does anyone know if this cable would be suitable as an extension cable for my tivo box?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=230336740787

I only need to extend it by a couple of meters so seems silly to pay for virgin to do it.

Many thanks
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi DonDan27,

We wouldn't be able to advise on this i'm afraid as it's not supported by us. We can only advise you to have one of our engineers out.

Maybe a Superuser / Community member will be able to help :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

DonDan27 wrote:
Hi
Does anyone know if this cable would be suitable as an extension cable for my tivo box?
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=230336740787

I only need to extend it by a couple of meters so seems silly to pay for virgin to do it.

Many thanks

As previously, Webro HD100 is the recommended type so make sure what you are buying. Also don't add any more cable to the run than you absolutely need, as extending the run affects your signal levels & could affect your TiVO's performance.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ellabella

Hi

Can you recommend the cable that will extend it by 1m max?

I am struggling to find one online

thanks

Please use plain text.