TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
benjikj

Catch up tv does not have the programmes I need

So I keep on searching for programmes on catch up tv and they are not there. Recently it has been Derren Brown programmes. His recent amazing episode called Svengali which was on about a week ago, is not on yet, which is very annoying as it says it is on 4od online. Also been watching another of his series that has 6 episodes. On demand it has all episodes but episode 5. How does this make sense!!?

There are also quite a few live events that don't make it onto catch up, like rugby and F1?!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Re: Catch up tv does not have the programmes I need

Some programmes are affected by rights issues. If they are produced by an external company they may not permit the programme to be shown on catch up. This particularly occurs with films and sports events, and to a lesser extent with other programmes.

More confusingly, Virgin now operates two catch-up systems. The VHD and the legacy boxes use a Virgin hosted server based system to distribute catch-up. Whereas the TiVO operates on apps linked to the programme providers internet portal.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
benjikj

So, why are they available online and not on our tv?! Are the online services different from the tv ones?

And that doesn't explain why a particular episode of a series is not on there...

And sometimes the programme comes up a few days later, so VM do have the rights and just haven't put it up yet. Why is there a delay from online to tv?! Is that just VM being rubbish not getting it up?
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Just checked on mine and Derren Brown s1:ep 01 (Svengali) is there from last Tuesday.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
benjikj

I haven't checked mine in the last 24 hours, but why is there a delay if it is up there now? Why wasn't it up there even just the next day? Gotta wait nearly a week!
Please use plain text.
The Sorter
Andrew_H

Hi benjikj,
nodrogd is correct. It depends upon what the channel providers give to us. We do have contracts setup with the channel companies, however they are not eligible to provide us with every single programme that's been broadcast. If there's some missing then you would find some of them wouldn't have been given to us by the channel company to begin with (as if a channel provides it online themselves then it's within their own right).

Could you please check the On Demand listings to see if the programme your looking for is now listed (and be aware that programmes would be removed from the On Demand listings once it's been broadcast for 7 days).

Thanks

Andrew_H
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.