TV

Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Re: Catch up TV on demand programmes keep sticking

Hi faybee,

That's strange if your new card is in the box its not showing the box is registering your new card on the system, can you please click on my name and PM your new smartcard serial number so I can get this activated on our system please.

Regards

Laura_S
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi Jimmy,

Just to let you know your fault with 4od is part of a national fault we have specifically effecting your box type, the fault was not showing correctly on our fault page yesterday that's why I didn't pick it up.

It is currently under investigation (fault ref:1312448).

Faybee: You have a different box type so your fault is not related to the above problem.

Regards

Laura_S

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker
Please use plain text.
L33t h4x0r
Laura_S

Hi faybee,

Thanks for sending me the serial number, that card is registered properly now on our system and the correct registration signal has gone to your box.

As mentioned in my last post with have a national problem with freezing on 4OD but it is only effecting customers with one type/model of digital box and you do not have that box.

I've checked your area and there are no other customers reporting this issue. If you go into 4OD and select a programme it is happening on at the moment and I'll check in our office here to see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks

Laura_S

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
faybee

Hi Laura, it's now saying that our Smart card isn't inserted properly when it is. We've taken it out and put it back in, but it still keeps saying it, and saying to quote '1007' when we call the helpline.

We've tried the IT Crowd from Friday again and it's still doing it, so you could use that one.

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Jamie_D

Hi faybee

I have just sent some signals to your set top box to try and clear the error. Can I trouble you to switch the box off at the wall and back on again after a few seconds. Once it has reloaded, can you check if the same error shows on-screen.

If so,  are you able to close the message by pressing ok, and watching the channel? It may appear again when you change the channel.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
faybee

Hey- all sorted! Just back to solving the original problem of on demand now!

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Jamie_D

Hello faybee,

Oh good : )

Laura mentioned a network issue earlier affecting certain models of set top box. Although yours is a different model, it is none the less quite a similar model. I am going to escalate your details to our team who can monitor your area and check if anybody else reports the same fault. One person has since logged the same fault, so hopefully we can include your model of set top box into the network isssue and get that resolved via the same fix.

Our episode of the IT Crowd is unaffected.

You will receive a callback from my colleagues within the next 5 days (usually 2-3tops) to either identify the fault as network issue or despatch a technician to investigate further.

Regards

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
radge21

Thanks Laura

Jimmy

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
faybee

[ Edited ]

Right. I haven't received a callback, and now the service is getting worse. The catch up (the whole service, not just channel 4) works when it feels like it. The other day it cut out and decided to stop working halfway through shooting stars. The whole TV service keeps flickering. We have to reset the box constantly. If something doesn't get sorted soon, I'm refusing to pay my bill and I'm switching to sky. I'm paying more for this terrible service when I could switch and get a sky+ box thrown in! It's only the hassle of getting a dish sorted that's stopping me at the moment. All I want is somebody to come out and swap my ancient ugly box for a new one that works. How hard is that?

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Mark_B

Hi Faybee, apologies for the trouble you are having, I can get someone out on Monday to look into this, I have booked in Monday 4-7, any problems let us know.

Thanks

Mark Brooks

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.