MDB
Bright Spark
MDB

Blinking Picture

The ITV pictures blink once every few minutes, where the black top/bottom borders close quickly, but not completely, and open straight away - producing a blinking/twitching effect. The top border movement is more noticeable.

This only happens to ITV channels, and only when the picture is set to display as 4:3 letterbox.

This combination appears to rule out the TV itself as no other channels are effected.

It's as if the picture tries to be widescreen for an instant then returns to its setting at 4:3. Naturally I've switched the box off and on again  after a pause. The blinking remains.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who has noticed this effect and hear of a possible solution.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Re: Blinking Picture

Hi MDB,

Is this the only channel that you have noticed this problem with?

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
MDB
Bright Spark
MDB

Hi Brian,

I went through other channels and the blinking is only on ITV channels so ITV1, ITV2 etc and also their +1 channels.

To confirm: BBC, UKTV channels, Discovery, QVC, Quest and Eurosport don't have this problem.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Hi MDB,

I have sent you a private message.

Thanks

Brian_J

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
MDB
Bright Spark
MDB

Hey Brian, Nothing received in my email as of a minute ago.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Mark_B

Hi, this will not be in your email, this will be in your Private message's on the forum.

Thanks

Mark Brooks

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.