TV

Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
ajwawn
Helpful Answer

BBC Look East channel

Recently Virgin Media stopped the old analogue channels and I now find I can no longer get the BBC Look East channel to watch the local news, all I get on the digital channel for BBC 1 regional news is London.

As I live in Bedford, and not London, I prefer to watch BBC Look East which covers East Anglia, and therefore get the local news and weather.

Can anyone please let me know what I can do to get this channel back.

Many thanks,

A J Wawn

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Brian_J

Re: BBC Look East channel

Hi ajwawn,

I have sent some information through to your box to update it and try get you the correct regional content. Let us know if this does not fix the fault.

Thanks

Brian_J
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ajwawn

Hi Brian, thanks very much for your reply. I have just tried to watch the regional news on BBC1, but unfortunately still get London regional news and not Look East for East Anglia. Please let me know what to do.

Many thanks,

A J Wawn

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Darren_E

ajwawn,

Have you tried channel 861 for your local BBC regional news?

Cheers

Darren E
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
ajwawn

Hi Darren E

Yes, I had tried channel 861, but with the same result - London regional news. However, I spotted Look East on channel 858 and am now able to to watch the local news and weather for East Anglia on BBC1. Thank you both very much for all your help, much appreciated.

Regards,

A J Wawn

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
CJSMB77

Hi, I live in Chelmsford, but ever since I have had Virgin TV I have recieved BBC London, and not Look East as it should be here. I have phoned Virgin about this 3 times. On the first two occasions I was told a signal would be sent to change the channel I recieved on 101 to Look East. Both times this failed to work. On the third occasion I was told that the BBC would not allow Virgin to have the regional news variants and therefore it was BBC London, like it or lump it! Having read posts on here, it would appear that this is not the case, however, I have tried Channel 858, but this is BBC South East, not Look East. Please can someone tell me
What I need to do to get look east, preferably on 101, although any channel will do! I recieve ITV Anglia, albeit on 870, but I would really like the correct BBC regional programmes too.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Unfortunately this is the result of the way that the cable TV system is built. All the customers in a network area are connected to a cable "headend". All customers connected to that headend receive the same channels on the same channel numbers. Your headend is Basildon, for which the correct region (101 & 103) is London.

If you want Look East the best option is to put up a Freeview aerial and watch it that way. It also gives you a backup should your cable service fail.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
CJSMB77

How utterly ludicrous! Perhaps now Chelmsford is a City we may be deemed important enough to recieve the local news for
Chelmsford, not that from somewhere else. Great work Virgin Media, Not!
Please use plain text.
Superuser
nodrogd

Virgin inherited the current network from several operators that either merged or, in some cases went bust, so is not entirely to blame.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: XL TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), XL Telco, 100Mb BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Please use plain text.