Menu
dongorp
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

why doesn't tv anywhere work since I changed to google chrome?

Hi, I used to use firefox as my browser and tv anywhere would work fine but since I changed to google chrome everything looks like it is working fine, I select the program and then click to watch it but it is a blank red screen! this has been going on for a long time and I do not know how to rectify it....help : (

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: why doesn't tv anywhere work since I changed to google chrome?

@dongorp  Google Chrome and other web browsers which are based of Chrome (EX: Opera, etc) are not supported. This is because Google removed the support for the plugin format that VM use (this also affects Sky.) You'll need to go back to Firefox or use Internet Explorer.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

dongorp wrote:

Shelke, thank you so much for your reply. I was just about to try it using Explorer instead of Google Chrome but guess what...I can't until 1st of June because apparently I have used my 1 allowance of a change of device already!!! Listen out for me on the 1st of June...I shall twiddle my fingers until then : ( 

Hi dongorp, sorry for the delayed reply Cat Sad In the case of using your two device change a month allowance up being used up: you can request that a member of staff activates one additional device change slot for you for this month.

Either use the Contact Us page to request this by browsing to: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> TV Anywhere. Then click the Chat Online button. This is best done from a desktop/laptop device or a mobile device with its web browser in 'desktop mode'. If it says no agents are available - check back again in a few minutes - you may even get a little notice window come up offering you a live chat opportunity!

Or you can wait for a member of the Forum Team here to activate this additional device slot for this month for you.

Beyond this additional change slot  that a member of staff can activate for you - you would have to wait until next month.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@dongorp  Google Chrome and other web browsers which are based of Chrome (EX: Opera, etc) are not supported. This is because Google removed the support for the plugin format that VM use (this also affects Sky.) You'll need to go back to Firefox or use Internet Explorer.

- - - - - -
dongorp
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Shelke, thank you so much for your reply. I was just about to try it using Explorer instead of Google Chrome but guess what...I can't until 1st of June because apparently I have used my 1 allowance of a change of device already!!! Listen out for me on the 1st of June...I shall twiddle my fingers until then : ( 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

dongorp wrote:

Hi dongorp, sorry for the delayed reply Cat Sad In the case of using your two device change a month allowance up being used up: you can request that a member of staff activates one additional device change slot for you for this month.

Either use the Contact Us page to request this by browsing to: http://contact.virginmedia.com/ -> TV -> TV Anywhere. Then click the Chat Online button. This is best done from a desktop/laptop device or a mobile device with its web browser in 'desktop mode'. If it says no agents are available - check back again in a few minutes - you may even get a little notice window come up offering you a live chat opportunity!

Or you can wait for a member of the Forum Team here to activate this additional device slot for this month for you.

Beyond this additional change slot  that a member of staff can activate for you - you would have to wait until next month.

- - - - - -
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dongorp, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you were having by using Chrome. 

Shelke is right here, Internet Explorer or Firefox is the way to go Smiley Happy 

I have sent you a private message regarding the changes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos