Menu
Keredr
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

when i try to access tv anywhere i get past detecting device but then get no picture any ideas

when i try to access tv anywhere i get past detecting device but then get no picture any dos anyone know whats wrong  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: when i try to access tv anywhere i get past detecting device but then get no picture any ideas

Hi Keredr, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue getting connected to use TV Anywhere. 

It would help if we had a little more information to go on.

Are you using the app or the website online?

If the app, what is the make and model of the device you are using?

Are there any updates to be run?

If online, what browser are you using? 

Is Adobe Flash up to date?

Have you successfully used TV Anywhere on this device previously?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Keredr
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: when i try to access tv anywhere i get past detecting device but then get no picture any ideas

Hi Keith  

It is running on my computer win7 flash is up to date and it wont work in  explorer chrome mozilla and opera 

It was working fine a few weeks back and i changed the computer i was using to watch tv and that ws when the trouble started now it  wont work on either the old or new one 

Derek 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derek

Thanks for getting back in touch. I thought I would pick this up as Kath is not in the office.

TV Anywhere is compatible with Windows 7, Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Adobe Flash Player 11.4 or higher and Firefox 3 or higher. From what you have mentioned I believe you have these on the computer for it to work.

When you are trying to watch a programme are you selecting a stream able channel? 

If you sign into your account, on the right under My Profile, select Device Settings, this will show the devices you have registered. I can see that you have 2 devices registered to use TV Anywhere. Are these devices correct? If not you have got one device change available you can delete one and re-add it to see if that helps.

Try this and see if it works. Let me know how it goes.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Keredr
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam 

The two registered devices are the two computers in front of me  

If i try to access channel 5 i get  

Capture.JPG

The after clicking watch i get  

Capture1.JPG

This happens with any valid channel 

The valid devices says  

Your last device change was made on 12th May at 10:04.  which is not true it has not been changed for a couple of weeks

Thanks 

Kered 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kered

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I assume when you tried this it was through Internet Explorer? If so are you able to try through Firefox to see if you get the same issue please? 

Also can you try other streaming websites i.e. iPlayer to see if they will play?

Try this and let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Keredr
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

I have tried with a number of different browsers all with the same result, no joy 

Iplayer,. 4od. tvplayer all work without any problems

Kered

0 Kudos
Keredr
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Sam for sorting this out 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keredr

That's no problem, glad it's working for you :-).

If you need me to check anything else for you, then let me know.

Sam

0 Kudos