Menu
granny64
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

when I try to watch tv anywhere I get a message stating unauthorised modifications have been detecte

I have downloaded TVanywhere app & when I try t access this I get a message stating 'unauthorised modifications have been detected & you are unable to watch live streaming' . I have read on this forum a little about 'rooting' and as my tablet is brand new  to my knowledge I haven't downloaded anything strange. It is an Android Kitkat 4.4 Could there be any other reason for this ? Could you please make any replies as simple as possible please as being an oldie, I have never heard of kitkats and roots etc. before Smiley Frustrated Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: when I try to watch tv anywhere I get a message stating unauthorised modifications have been ...

Hi granny64,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are currently having with your device and TV Anywhere. 

What is the make and model of your device?

Sometimes as standard the device may come with an app called Super SU or Superuser. Is this the case with your device?

Did you buy this device second hand or brand new from a store?

Let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
granny64
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: when I try to watch tv anywhere I get a message stating unauthorised modifications have been ...

Hi, The make of my tablet is Best of British Tablet Company , model no. IT-1101-Quad, bought new about 2 weeks ago from Amazon. I can't see anything on the info details or apps regarding a supersu app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi granny64,

Thanks for coming back to us with this. 

I'll be honest, that's not a tablet that I have heard of before and a quick search isn't bringing up much either.

As the model number isn't on our Supported list we're only able to run some basic diagnostics with you. 

There are only 3 reasons this error message would be coming up.

1) The device is in fact rooted

2) The SuperSU or Superuser app is installed

3) The operating system is based on cyanogen as opposed to Lollipop / Kitkat.

It may be worth referring back to the manufacturer on this to find out if they're aware what could be happening. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos