Menu
Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin tv anywhere

hi I received a message saying my virgin tv anywhere app was a old one and would stop working on 28/02/17 it has stopped!  I was told to download the latest app this I tried to do but it tells me that it is not compatable with my device a Samsung tablet it worked ok on the old app. This is a real step backward from the service I previously received is vm trying for the how can we upset as many customers as possible record currently held by southern railways?

The very day that I wanted to use it and nothing  oh for the old days when you paid for a service and got it,Thatcher said private company's were much more efficient Vm/G4s/serco etc that really makes me laugh out Loud.Has anyone got any suggestions of how to get this app working I would be very pleased to hear.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin tv anywhere

if it is an old tablet it is quite likely it won't work. a couple of my older tablets won't work with quite a few different apps now. same as my old xp pc. lots of things not compatible anymore. give your model number and i'm sure someone will come along to confirm yes or no in your case.
0 Kudos
Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi my tablet is a Samsungtablet4. 0. 4. Android version I think they don't support less than 4.1.? And yet all my other apps London transport,u tube and 50 others all work after uupdates but no tv anwhere! So does that mean that the original tivo box installed many years ago is now out of date and they will be sending me a updated series 6 tivo box? after all they take my money and shouldn't  they be keeping me up to date?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buzby16 wrote:

Hi my tablet is a Samsungtablet4. 0. 4. Android version I think they don't support less than 4.1.? And yet all my other apps London transport,u tube and 50 others all work after uupdates but no tv anwhere! So does that mean that the original tivo box installed many years ago is now out of date and they will be sending me a updated series 6 tivo box? after all they take my money and shouldn't  they be keeping me up to date?

The issue here isn't that your TiVo box is out of date more that your tablet is.  Have you tried to see if you can update the Samsung tablet to Android 4.1 or above?

Here is a link to a Samsung uk support page - be aware this is not a VM help page: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/skp/faq/1108736

Buzby16
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes Graham I know I have a old tablet but can you explain why the new download  won't work when the 40 + other apps from other apps suppliers do work and my point about my old tivo box is a sarcastic point about should we always have to buy new devices every 5 years just because One supplier can't be bothered to make things work,and yes I have tried to do a software update but there are no updates available,after all it wouldn't be in Samsung interests to make one available!make them buy new ones, and I do know tv s radios computers all get old but I m not going to buy a new device just because One app  out of 40 won't work,I am no Luddite  but I will tell people that the wonderful new app might not work on old devices so don't get your hopes up!Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm surprised you can't get an update to the software on your​ Tab 4. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 which is several years older than yours and that has been updated to 4.2.2, and works with TVA.

I don't know why the current app won't work with versions earlier than 4.1, but would assume it is something to do with the technical requirements for streaming TV shows and the other functions available on the new app. Incidentally before this update no one using android version 6 or 7 could use it.