Menu
arnoldm
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

virgin tv anywhere

I have THREE problems when trying to access sport on my Nexus 7 (Marshmallow) which is one of the TWO devices allowed and registered

when first signing in it comes up with "Device Registration Required" this device must be registered to stream TV 

it then allows me to proceed when I press Cancel

watching BT Sport last night for the football a message flashes up on the screen saying "Problem Streaming Channel" There was a problem streaming from this channel please try again. This is even though you can still see the football going on behind the message. When I do try again it does exactly the same again. Sometimes when I try again the App crashes out and I have to start all over from the beginning.

When trying to watch SKY Sports which is part of my package all I get is "Device Limit Reached" contact your service provider. I cannot delete and re-enter my details until next month as I have already used my allowance for this month even though I want to use the same ones

Where do I go from here? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin tv anywhere

Hi arnoldm,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having ongoing issues with the TV Anywhere service when trying to view streaming channels and logging in to view Sky Sports.

First of all, are you still having the same issue? 

Secondly, are you viewing Sky Sports via the TV Anywhere app or have you installed the actual Sky Sports app? On the Sky Sports app it will give you an option to log in for Virgin Media--does it allow you to log in here? Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
arnoldm2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

1. Yes still having the same problems as stated

2. when I find the Sky Sports channel I want to watch in Virgin Anywhere App Guide page tablet takes me out and opens the Sky Sports App which is when I get the Device message

I have been able to watch previously when signing in using Virgin log-in

I was thinking of deleting Nexus 7 from the two devices allowed now that we are in May and trying to imput it again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi arnoldm2,

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I would avoid selecting the channels from within TV Anywhere and instead just open the Sky Sports app itself. Log in by clicking on the Virgin Media logo and entering in the same details you would to log in to TV Anywhere. 

I have removed the Nexus 7 from the Sky Platform so if you try streaming from it again, it will re-register as new. This won't affect TV Anywhere, it's still registered for us with that. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
arnoldm
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes Sky Sports App now working OK

thank you for that

I had used the Virgin TV anywhere to check what was on the sports channels and it then directed me to the sky sports app.

I will use direct from now on

Not had chance yet to check with streaming problem on BT Sport

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi arnoldm, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out