Menu
rogertb
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

virgin tv anywhere app

Why can't I download the Virgin TV Anywhere app for my ipad and why is it also called tv on the go why not one name ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin tv anywhere app

rogertb wrote:

Why can't I download the Virgin TV Anywhere app for my ipad and why is it also called tv on the go why not one name ?

"TV on the Go" is just the board name, it covers the TV Anywhere App and the Sky Movies app plus the Sky Sports app. It's not a rename of the app TV Anywhere app; it is just a catch all board name for all of the TV streaming apps VM provide directly/indirectly.

As to your problem downloading the TV Anywhere app. It's a known issue, the two current work arounds to get the app downloaded are:

* Temporarily change the DNS settings in your Apple device to use different DNS, like Google's DNS: 8.8.8.8 and then go to download the TV Anywhere app. Change the DNS backs to default (auto) after.

* Temporarily connect to another wireless network. Or connect to a 2G/3G/4G data network. Download the app when connected to another network.

It won't download when you're connected to your home VM network with VM DNS active.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
rogertb
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin tv anywhere app

Excellent comprehensive response, thank you.

Roger

0 Kudos