Menu
stevebolt
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin anywhere at university

Hello

Mydaughter goes to university next month. Can she use her Ipad to access tv anywhere with virgin. I only use 1 device so can I add her ipad so she can watch tv on it at uni

Ta

Steve

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin anywhere at university

Probably, but she will require access to Wi-Fi (I assume that universities probably have Wi-Fi in halls now) and there's a possibility that the university may block access to services like TV Anywhere. Obviously if she has her own internet connection then that wont be a problem.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Daughter does at her university with no problems, as mentioned can vary from uni to uni and residence to residence.

she has occasionally used up her allowance, although I think thats more due to steam then VM.

She uses her PC as her device however the browser based PC version of anywhere is lagging quite far behind the app, and windows 10 has a nasty habit of messing up registrations.

Also for some reason anywhere misses quite a few programs that are available on sky go even if the channel is subscribed to.

p.s. If she wants to watch BBCi player she now needs a licence, unless she watches it on a device which isn't plugged in anywhere.

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Get your daughter to check whether the university has an IPTV service, we do at Lancaster.  As for needing a licence for watching TVAnywhere, the answer is yes.

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/watching-online-and-on-mobile-devices-TOP1...

0 Kudos