Menu
p17syl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

updated sky app is very bad echo and juddery video - is virgin sorting it out or not ?

i have seen lots of questions but no answers - has anyone successfully got hold of vm to sort it out - they arre quick to take our money every month..

any help appreciated as its not good at all

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Martin_Hill
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: updated sky app is very bad echo and juddery video - is virgin sorting it out or not ?

"Testing things from this end, I'm getting a great picture." — Kath_F

But you see, Kath_F, that isn't the problem. We are all getting a great picture, the problem is as stated in the subject heading—the moving image is a juddery mess, and the sound has a stutter which drives the listener close to a mental breakdown after a matter of seconds.

I just find it slightly outside the realms of possibility that the only person in this country who has a smooth, moving image and crystal clear sound on the Sky Sports desktop app, also happens to be in the employ of VM.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: updated sky app is very bad echo and juddery video - is virgin sorting it out or not ?

Hi p17syl,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty with Sky Sports.

I would recommend trying the following.

• Making sure the device and app is up to date.
  • Rebooting your hub and device.
  • Reinstalling the app and clearing the cache.

Please let me know if you've been able to resolve this.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
p17syl
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Tried that no differences at all - is this a common complaint ? I am after all paying for a service that I am not getting

Rose_B wrote:

Hi p17syl,

Thanks for taking the time to post and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty with Sky Sports.

I would recommend trying the following.

• Making sure the device and app is up to date.
  • Rebooting your hub and device.
  • Reinstalling the app and clearing the cache.

Please let me know if you've been able to resolve this.

Speak soon

0 Kudos
Ch3aptrick
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am finding that sky sports app on my mobile is horrific ,I can stream any tv be it ITV iPlayer etc with no issues or stutter but this app is beyond a joke.

It stutters and stops randomly and its no good saying its live as I have streamed live items off other channels like the Horse racing .

This just seems a poor app and between VM amd Sky nothing seems to be getting done.

Then on the PC side you finf after a certain amount of time it will just stop for no reason other than apparently its a security feature?

Have they seen the grief you have to go through to re-login and the amount of windows you open?

Cant they just add the loging to the app at least?

For the price we pay its dire and appallig service,you will also find that it maybe about 3 weeks beofre you get any replay here.

p17syl
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I rpelied to say this didn;t work - so far no one came back - it would be really good to get some useful information - at the end of the day I am paying Virgin £85 per month for your services and this is part of it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi both, 

Thanks for coming back to us here regarding the issues you are having with the Sky app. 

The symptoms you're describing can be down to a number of different reasons so it's not as simple as a one fix wonder I'm afraid. We are working with Sky for any known issues however it is their app and therefore we can only chase. 

Testing things from this end, I'm getting a great picture. 

Are you using the online app via a PC / Laptop or using the app on a Mobile / Tablet device?

If online version:

What OS is your PC/Laptop running?

What browser are you using and which version is it?

Do you get anything different if trying another browser?

If app version:

What is the make and model of your device?

What OS is the device running?

Have you used the app on this or any other devices previously?

Let me know so we can help further with this.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ch3aptrick
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You cant use app on another device as it will take up a required place and reset has to wait like forever

Android 7

Xiaomi 4X Global Qualcomm 635

Oh and before you say its not supported its same OS as every other Android and runs every app even Eurosport live streams fine,

In fact when I was with Sky there Sky Go worked a dream ,iots this new horrid incarnation and VMs BT Sports streams that seem to be the worst apps I run when wanting to watch live tv.

0 Kudos
p17syl
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Nothing from Virgin Media  but they still continue to take my £100 per month .... very poor - I will be changing to Sky - they care more

Martin_Hill
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"Testing things from this end, I'm getting a great picture." — Kath_F

But you see, Kath_F, that isn't the problem. We are all getting a great picture, the problem is as stated in the subject heading—the moving image is a juddery mess, and the sound has a stutter which drives the listener close to a mental breakdown after a matter of seconds.

I just find it slightly outside the realms of possibility that the only person in this country who has a smooth, moving image and crystal clear sound on the Sky Sports desktop app, also happens to be in the employ of VM.

p17syl
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Or a user in disguise - to divide and conquer -  COME ON VM ALL THE RESOURCES YOU HAVE AND ALL THE OMEY WE PAY YOU SORT IT OUT. THERE MUST BE SOME LEGAL ROUTE WE CAN TAKE IF NOT YOU ARE TAKING OUR MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENCES