Menu
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

unable to connect to tivo box from TV anywhere app

Hi,

When trying to connect to tivo box from IPAD, on the same network, i just get 'BOX not responding' press ok to retry.

I have rebooted everything as per the FAQ but still nothing. What do I need to do next?

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to connect to tivo box from TV anywhere app

Hi Mark, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've not had much luck getting this error resolved Smiley Sad

The first thing to try is a complete reboot of the whole system to ensure the 'handshakes' are being made between each individual device. I appreciate you've already rebooted things but it does need to be done in a specific order Smiley Happy

> Firstly turn the Hub and the TiVo® off by the mains and leave off for around 5 minutes. 

> Double check the ethernet cable to ensure it's secure at both ends.

> Turn on the Superhub and allow time for it to be completely online. 

> Next power up the TiVo® and wait until you can navigate between menus without any hesitations.

If you reload the app at this point, this should allow the connection to be restored. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Markr_swiss
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to connect to tivo box from TV anywhere app

I have got the app working again. It seems that it was failing when connecting to the wifi-extender, which it was fine connecting to before. As I'm having a lot of problems with wifi dropping out constantly, I presume the extender is not picking up the signal correctly.

0 Kudos