Menu
cybmole
Community elder
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

two device limit and once per month rule

are there any plans to relax the current 2 device limit ?

i have just bought a new tablet and i have the dilemma of having to remove my old one as a registered device before I can test the new.

also, if I then get the false positive " unauthorised mods" error, as other recent threads are reporting, will it then be a month of no access at all before I can revert to how things were ?

The new tablet is a lenovo a10 running android 5.0.1 , I would expect it to work but with Vm, one never knows...

IMHO two registered devices limit when an average family /household size is  4 or more , is very restrictive. Netflix, Amazon video are far more tolerant.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: two device limit and once per month rule

Hi cybmile, 

Thanks for your post and for getting involved with the Community Smiley Happy

Currently there are no plans in place to change this policy however never say never. 

Like always, we are looking for ways to improve the app and your feedback is passed over to the development team. Maybe we will see a new policy on this soon Smiley Happy

What I can advise is that as long as your device matches the technical requirements then it should work. Any devices not listed on the supported list are already enabled but the support we can provide for them is limited. 

The best I can advise here is to give it a try. If it doesn't work, let me know and we'll try to find out why. I can also add a device change for you to change the device back to one that did work for you. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: two device limit and once per month rule

ok thanks, there is a related thread by someone with the same tablet so I am watching to see how that goes. it looks like it should work - I have gone as far as being prompted to register the tablet & i can view the tv guide etc.  I need to decide which  of my 2 existing devices to give up !

its sort of academic until you fix the peak demand - problem streaming this channel  - no live football  - issues though, as that's all I want to watch.

it would also be good to have live BBC channels , as my new tablet has problems with i player ( android 5.0.1 not supported by BBC ) -  are you legally barred from streaming those, or is it just a ( could be reversed one day ) business decision to not do those

0 Kudos