Menu
dannyboy1948
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tvanywhere

despite hours spent on the phone and allowing remote access to my computer I still cannot get sky sports on tv anywhere. The person was very helpful but despite "trying everything" he could not fathom the problem. Always different error messages some of which are total rubbish. Seriously thinking of cancelling and going elsewhere. Spent serious time on this over TWO YEARS at least

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tvanywhere

Hi dannyboy1948, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue using Sky Sports. 

Checking the history of your posts here in the Community, I'm not seeing anything regarding this. 

Can you give me as much information as you can regarding what the issue is, what error messages you are getting. What have you tried doing to resolve things Smiley Happy

Also let me know the OS you're running and the browser you're using.

Once I have this I may be able to help get things working. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dannyboy1948
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath The OS is windows 10 and using internet explorer. Sometimes the error message is "google chrome does not support". I DO NOT have chrome! Or simply says "there has been an error please try later or refresh" As said previously I allowed a virgin tech remote access and he spent a long time bless him trying to resolve but was totally at aloss. Also sometimes when trying to access it says there are no devices registered but on going to the page low and behold there are mine and my wifes devices. Oddly enough my wifes ipad works fine. Mine is a HP laptop. Live tv I can get but not sky sports. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannyboy1948, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

OK, as Live TV is working, this suggests the TV Anywhere function is working as it should be. 

Rather than clicking to view Sky Sports on TV Anywhere, open up a webpage and go to Sky Sports Click on the Sign in option and select the VM logo. Pop your My VM details in here and log in. 

Once in, does it allow you to stream anything? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dannyboy1948
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, Tried your suggestion but got the error message" Chrome no longer supports Sky go player please use another  browser eg etc. I do not have nor use Chrome!!. It is problematic is it not? Baffled! Any more help would still be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannyboy1948, 

Thanks for coming back to me and trying that. Smiley Sad

As this error regarding Chrome is appearing, have you ever had Chrome installed? I'm wondering if there are some hidden files that may be the cause of this. 

Give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so we can take remote access of your PC. If we can see the path ourselves, we may be able to fix it. 

Let me know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos