Menu
djb4953
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tvanywhere

I was given an android 4.4.4 tablet as a present for my 67th birthday. I downloaded the tv anywhere app from play store and everything was fine until I tried to watch a programme. I got a message" unauthorised modifications detected ". The device was straight out the box. Can anyone help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tvanywhere

Hi djb4953, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

Apologies to hear that you are having an issue using TV Anywhere due to this error message. It could come up due to a number of things. The main 3 I've found to be below. 

> The Manufacturer has altered the OS in some way. If you let me know the Make and Model of your tablet I can check this for you.

> There may be an app called SuperSU or Superuser on the device. In which case you will need to remove this in order for TV Anywhere to work. 

> The device may be or previously be rooted. 

Double check those points and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
djb4953
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The device is a Kocaso 9inch tablet, model no: MX9200. I do not know about supersu or soperuser app. where would I look???. What is rooted???   

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi djb4953,

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

The Superuser or SuperSU apps could be installed on your device. You may see one of them as an app icon. Have a look in Settings > Applications Application Manager and see if either of them are in the list here. 

Rooted is a means of unlocking the operating system so you can install unapproved apps, delete unwanted bloatware, update the OS, replace the firmware, overclock (or underclock) the processor, and even customize anything and so on.

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
djb4953
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

returned the tablet for a refund, will be buying a galaxy 3

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi djb4953, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know about the new tablet you'll be having Smiley Happy

Checking our compatibility list, make sure the tablet isn't one of these models: 

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5200, GT-P5220, GT-P5210, GT-P5210XD1 as none of these will work for streaming due to compatibility issues. They do work as a Manage TiVo® function but not for watching Live TV. 

Let us know how you get on setting up the new tablet. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos