Menu
soccerdoc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been able to use TV Anywhere since moving to Virgin in November last year. I am constantly being told that my device is not registered, having to delete the registration and register another device, and sometimes being told that I have no device changes left this month. My problem with this is that I only ever use the same device - my desktop PC. ALWAYS THE SAME. But yes you will find a whole list of registers that have been deleted - but its always been the same device. What's going on?

Last night, though I hit on a new one - the system could not find the device - device registration had failed. Now before some kind soul tells me to update Flash, or Firefox or Explorer - the first two were updated last night - most recent Firefox and Flash was deleted and replaced with a downloaded version. I also reinstalled Silverlight, though last night I was trying to watch BT Sports. I even tried two different browsers - Firefox (most recent version upgraded last night) and Explorer. With the former I get the message about registration, and with the latter just a blank white screen.  

This is just not acceptable, as I am paying for a service that I am hardly ever able to use. Can someone help?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi soccerdoc, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue accessing TV Anywhere. 

Do you by any chance clear your cookies, cache and browsing history each time you close your browser? If so, this could be why you're needing to re-register each time. 

Make sure you are using one browser. Choose either Internet Explorer or Firefox and stick with that one. Don't swap between them. 

I've added a device change for you to register your desktop for use with TV Anywhere. Just go to anywhere.virginmedia/com and try streaming Channel 4. You'll be prompted to re-register. Follow them and let me know what happens Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
soccerdoc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry still got same problem. Used Explorer to try to sign in to Channel 4 and its still the same - says its loading, but just goes round and round for a bit and then disappears, leaving a blank white screen. If I use Firefox it says it cannot detect the device. This happens when trying to use Channel 4 (like you suggested) or BT Sports (which I really want to watch tomorrow night). 

One other thing. Since I left the original email I remembered a bit of advice that someone having the same problem as me had left - log straight on to Sky (ie not via Virgin) and use the Virgin sign in credentials. This worked, which suggests to me that while Sky can detect my computer Virgin's system cannot. Any other explanation welcome!

Clearly though I cannot go to the BT website and do the same thing. 

Thanks for getting back though

SD

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi soccerdoc,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Really sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

Can you tell me what version of Windows you're using?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
soccerdoc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

windows 10

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread with this soccerdoc,

I've re-synced your subscriptions and ensured a device change is available for you to utilise. Currently, no devices are listed as registered.

It's possible that your internet connecting is struggling to establish a pairing with your TV equipment at the moment, as some of the signal levels are currently out of range.

I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this further.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat some more.

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to be negative, but even if you get it fixed this week, it will do something similar next
I have never had stable usage of TV anywhere since it started, and so I have given up
If anything the hoops and log ins and repeated upgrades and permissions changes are simply too much hassle
A nice idea but not executed well, they need to check out how easy Netflix is