Menu
Malcolmcs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere

Recently in Milton Keynes shopping centre, hoping to watch TV while my wife shopped

Using Sony Z2 tablet,  login to tv anywhere, could see tivo box OK, but could get  any channel to watch TV.  Only error 14. wifi signal was fine, 150mbps and Web access was OK.  Moved to near an exit and TV reception was OK,  but as I moved towards middle near seating area lost tv

Anyone had simular problem,,  can understand that normal tv signal could be a problem, but if wifi is ok why no tv anywhere tv channel reception

M

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere

Hey Malcolmcs, 

Thank you for your time, I'm sorry to read about the interruptions on the TV anywhere app. With the signal moving out of range it seems, it would be good practice to find out whether this is happening on any other device in the home? I can see you've mentioned one device, you should have 2 registered devices allowed. Please let me know on how you get on if possible. 

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Malcolmcs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The problem is no tv anywhere reception in milton keynes shopping centre, it is OK when just inside the entry doors, but reception disappears as you move in to the center. Wifi reception everywhere I tried was 150 Mbps. I tried both my devices, both same problem.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure that your device isn't moving to a different wifi source?

Not all wifi sources have the same abilities. Some in open, public areas do not allow streaming as this would use up the bandwidth and affect other wifi users who just want to do a bit of browsing.

0 Kudos
Malcolmcs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea why there is no tv anywhere reception in mk center, or even if I was accessing different wifi during my moving around. The clue is, it is supposed to be tv anywhere, not maybe tv anywhere. As there is also a virgin money shop in the centre why not have center wide wifi available from there for virgin customers. Problem solved
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for trying to be helpful and explain what might be happening.

Virgin Media have no responsibility for supplying a wifi connection for you in a shopping centre.

The wifi you are using is likely multiple  free wifi connections provided by various different organisations and, as explained earlier, not all of these allow streaming.

PS Virgin Money has nothing to do with Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
Malcolmcs
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for explaining what might be happening, that wasfully understood.

My point is we pay for virgin packages, part of which is tv anywhere. Virgin's responsible is to supply the structure to allow their customers access to the services they pay for. Wifi is supposed to be country wide, we know there are places where wifi and phone reception is very poor IE areas in costal Norfolk. But in the middle! of the country may be there shouldn't be a problem getting wifi from the company that we pay to get it from. Any way if virgin have no suggestions or interest in fixing the problem let's just hope the problem disappears so we will end this thead
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As I said, Virgin Media have no responsibility for supplying wifi to their customers when out and about.

Your contract is for broadband and wifi to your home.

0 Kudos
Malcolmcs
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry I completely misunderstood, I throught tv anywhere ment tv anywhere, not just tv anywhere in your home. Pity virgin advertise it as taking it any where you go. May be they also mean any where you go in your home. Subject finished
0 Kudos