Menu
katesco5
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere

Why is tv anywhere so hard to use.  Cant get a picture when trying watch now have now used up changes for month and still cant get it.  Going out to work and wanted to take laptop with me to watch football and cant. WASTE OF TIME

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere

What browser are you using? And what operating system?

Is Flash installed & up to date?

What happens when you try to stream?
0 Kudos
katesco5
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

flash installed and up to date windows 7 press watch and shows no picture  blank screen

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

What browser are you using?

Does the player window (box) remain black or does it disappear completely?

0 Kudos
katesco5
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

google chrome and when you hit watch now the screen goes to background colour and nothing happens

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Google Chrome is not supported as it can't run Adobe Flash.

You'll be needing Internet Explorer or Firefox. And possibly a fresh device change.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi katesco5,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely having you here even if you are having an issue streaming via TV Anywhere. 

As mentioned by Crockret, Chrome is unsupported and won't work for streaming. This is because Chrome doesn't support third party plug ins and TV Anywhere needs Adobe flash to work. 

I have gone in to the account and added a device change for you to re-register your device using either Firefox or Internet Explorer. Make sure you delete the previous registration though.

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

Follow the prompts on the screen and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos