Menu
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere sky sports

TV Anywhere Sky Sports, will not load on my laptop, but does on my computer. On laptop , wheel keeps going round buffering 100%. Any help, please.dha

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere sky sports

Hi willeah, 

I'm so sorry that this is still an issue for you. 

I've deleted the device registration from this end and added a device change. If you try streaming again for me now it should work. 

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue on your laptop. 

As it's working fine on your PC, this doesn't sound like a broadcasting issue. More to do with your laptop or it's settings. 

What browser are you using? 

What anti-virus are you using?

Do you have any other programmes running in the background?

Try running a speed test and let me know if it differs from the speeds you're receiving via the PC too. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

willeah
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, Thank you for replying. The web browser I am using is Firefox. I have had Edge as being default browser, but have changed it to Firefox. Anti Virus is F-Secure Safe. I do not think I have any programmes in the background. I have just noticed on My Profile TV Anywhere, Sky Movies and Sky Sporrts devices, are showing both devices as being the same, namely , 669387-PC. Could this be one of the problems? I would have thought the two devices would be different in some way, by a number difference etc. ? In view of this , I await your further comments. Thanking you once again. willeah

PS> Laptop works in Virgin Media TV Anywhere. It is just the Sky website again, and you know by now , what I think of them. LOL.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

With Sky, the devices get registered as soon as you attempt to stream so the name is usually whatever you have named the PC. 

It's possible a refresh will help the PC that is failing to stream. Go to anywhere.virginmedia.co.uk > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports 

If you delete both the devices, attempt to stream on the PC and let me know what happens Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, Thank you for coming back to me.  I have deleted the two devices that you advised. Laptop now takes forever to load on, and when it does, keeps going to 0% buffering, and will not let me go to full screen anyway. I have uninstalled silverlight, and re installed it. Still no go. Just for info, it is OK in Virgin TV Anywhere. In view of this , I await further comments. Once again , thanking you. willeah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi willeah, 

Thanks again for coming back to me so quickly on this. 

I really am stumped with this. As it's only the laptop having the issue it's definitely not to do with your account. 

There must be some sort of setting or programme running on there that is causing the issue. 

Are you able to run the laptop in safe mode with networking? This will ensure only essential programmes are running. 

Let me know how you get on with this. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F, Thanks for coming back to me. I have updated everything. Have run the laptop in safe mode with networking . Could not get past 100% buffering, with the wheel going round. I think this is the first stage of the streaming, on the B___ Sky Website? In view of this, I await your further comments, as my old head is stumped, as well. Regards. willeah

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi willeah, 

Thanks for coming back again Smiley Happy

At this point there really isn't much else we can do when blind Smiley Sad

We maybe able to help further by taking remote access and taking a better look things. Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 option 2 then 3. 

Hopefully they will be able to solve this riddle Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

willeah
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,  Thanks once again for replying. I have phoned as advised, and spoke to Wayne at Swansea. He as advised me to use web browser Internet Explorer, and fingers crossed, it appears to be working. Once again, thank you for your assistance. Regards. willeah

0 Kudos
willeah
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F,  It's that mithering s__ again. I have come to go on Sky Sports today, on internet explorer, as Wayne at Swansea suggested. It worked then, but now states , " Unable to register this device. You have used your device changes this month ( s: 267 / c: 1110 / t: 6024 / c: 4110 ) " . On My Virgin TV Anywhere Profile, my laptop is clearly registered. In view of this, can you please have rectified. Thanking you in anticipation. willeah

0 Kudos