Menu
fieryman
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere, sky movies on windows 10

Hi has anyone else come across a problem with watching sky movies on windows 10 through tv anywhere.  I have set up my 2 devices for sky movies and sport and have been watching with no porblem with windows 10 installed, but recently windows 10 did a recent upgrade and now its saying my device is not reconised. what makes it worse is both my devices have been upgraded and both need to be reset but i only have one change a month, but i am not changing the device. Any help would be much appreiciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere, sky movies on windows 10

Hi fieryman,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your Sky Movies & Sports app isn't working after your Windows 10 upgrade.

Unfortunately, when there's an OS upgrade, that looks like a new device for the TV Anywhere and Sky on the Go apps. The devices will need to be changed again.

I'll send you more information about this, so check your private messages on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
williamnicklas
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, I'd be keen to see the additional info you refer on this too. I've got the same issue, and, from what I understand of the way Windows 10 works, this will recur whenever Microsoft release an update.

Is there any fix for this in the pipeline?

Thanks

William

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi William

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

In regards to this issue this sometimes can occur through mobiles and tablets also. For example if your mobile is an iPhone and Apple update the iOS, TV Anywhere will detect that it is a new device and will need re-registration. This happened to myself on my Samsung S5 mini when it was updated I had to re-register my phone.

Once there is a fix for this we will make a post to let you know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
williamnicklas
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam, thanks, appreciate the response and understand this would also apply to IOS, Android etc.

In the absence of a permanent fix, do you know if it is possible to have Virgin reset the device limit on occasions where this has occurred?

Thanks

William

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi William, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Whenever you are required to re-register your device due to upgrading your browser / app then we are able to add 1 device change for you to use to re-register the device. 

We're only able to add 1 device change per month though. 

Hope that helps for future reference. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos