Menu
stephenbrowning
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere setup

Hi - had quite a battle getting two iPads working.  I do appreciate that the servers have had issues today.

Both ipads now seem to access Online TV and have eventually connected the the TiVO @5hours after the TiVO was connected to my Ethernet - TiVO and Superhub reboots had no immediate effect.  

I've used my main Virginmedia account login throughout to conenct.

Under Watch now I see that some (current time) shows are only available to Watch on TV, others also have the Watch on iPad option - is that correct?

While trying to get things to work I found the link to Online Device Registration (Settings Cogwheel).which seems to be needed to view TV on the iPads.  I didnt see anything about that in the setup instructions.

Also are there any rules for the names you specify in Device Registration - do they have to be the same as the iPad names (iPad Settings > General > About) ?

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
stephenbrowning
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere setup

Ah, I now see the requirement for Device Registration is in a tab on the App Help but the requirement should be stated in the Getting Started section......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere setup

Hi Steve

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

To be able to watch programmes on your iPad through the TV Anywhere app, you will need to select the stream-able channels which have a wireless sign.

When you register your device you can give it a name so you can tell the iPads apart, for instance one can be called Steve's iPad the other can be called family iPad. Just so you know which one is which and what one is registered. This does become helpful if you need to remove one of the devices from registration to add a new device.

Hope this helps

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos