Menu
bouncy1983
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere on a pc

Hi all

How do i watch recorded content on my tivo box on my pc?

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere on a pc

You can't watch recorded content with any device, there are two reasons 1: the content providers won't allow it because you may steal their precious things and 2: the Tivo's upload speed is 1 meg and that's not enough to upload content, the 2nd problem can be overcome the 1st problem not so much

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can't watch recorded content with any device, there are two reasons 1: the content providers won't allow it because you may steal their precious things and 2: the Tivo's upload speed is 1 meg and that's not enough to upload content, the 2nd problem can be overcome the 1st problem not so much

bouncy1983
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thanks dannylau

0 Kudos
CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you can watch recorded content on a Android or IOS tablet once you have installed the app, and connected your Tivo box to your home network. the device and the TiVo have to be on the same network. you will then be able to watch your recorded content.

I do wish Virgin would create a similar windows app that I could run on my pc  so I could watch my programs on a larger screen rather than my 5" phone.

hope the information was helpful.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you can watch recorded content on a Android or IOS tablet once you have installed the app, and connected your Tivo box to your home network. the device and the TiVo have to be on the same network. you will then be able to watch your recorded content.

Sorry but that just isn't true.

I do wish Virgin would create a similar windows app that I could run on my pc so I could watch my programs on a larger screen rather than my 5" phone.

You can watch TV Anywhere in compatible browsers with Flash installed on your pc. 

hope the information was helpful.

Not really, no! Smiley Indifferent

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Just to confirm, you can't watch recorded programs from your TiVo® on another device. You can, however, manage your recordings and stream live TV via our TV anywhere app.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the bad info, I saw the app with the button that said watch now, I hadn't connected my Tivo to the local network. I have now and when I select the watch now it gives me the option to watch on tv?  really pointless. just turns your phone into a controller.

apologies for the bad info

I use the TV anywhere on my Surface Pro quite a lot. this is good for on demand etc. but I really want to see the Ice Hockey shows that I have recorded, these are not available on demand. Wife is always watching telly when I am home. suppose I will just have to subscribe to the NHL service over the internet.

unless there is someway of watching recorded programs.

I really got excited about the watch now button.  sorry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi CrouchingSheep,

No problem! I can understand where you're coming from.

I'm sorry the NHL isn't available On Demand. We've got an extensive library of content but some things we can't get due to licencing.

Also, the remote control feature can be really handy if you can't find your remote control! Smiley Tongue

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos