Menu
mike1212
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere not working

hi am having trouble watching tv anywhere , it allows me to sign in and select a channel and the once I click watch the it loads then turns black then goes dark purple the same colour as the background . Any one else having any problems or know if there is a fault

thank you  

jantimuk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere not working

Hi, I get this problem almost daily - I try signing in again, I clear the cache, I reboot the tablet I am using, I reboot the TiVo box...all to no avail. But... I can try it an hour or two later, and it will work! Grrr by this time I have missed what I was wanting to watch and you can be sure the program won't be on catch up. I have reinstalled this more times than I care to count too! The android tablet runs the correct platform, is up to date, no viruses etc... 

I will watch for a reply and see if it solves mine too... Good luck ☺

0 Kudos
mike1212
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi I have spoken to Virgin Twice now and they keep telling me that there is not a problem and that I am the only person with this issue so it must be my network. it is a waist of time trying to sort it out as they do not want to know , this problem has only happened a week ago right round the time they done this big update, I am hoping more ppl will see this post with any help as to what it may be or how to resolve this problem . thank you

jantimuk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm still having the same problem with mine too, so you're not the only one for sure! Mine will sometimes work for an hour, then cut off. I get errors popping up then about issues streaming, yet iPlayer and itvhub both work so it's nothing to do with the network. I wondered if it might be the TiVo going to standby, but I have it set to not do that now. I will try to call them today and see what they tell me, it could be interesting ☺. This has got much worse since an update recently.....I wish they would sort it out properly!

0 Kudos
Paul492
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having a similar issue that it will only allow me to watch box sets and not any live tv. I called and they advised me that it's because I either need to update my app or iOS. I have the most up to date version of both and they advised that it's not an issue and it is the first time this issue has been raised. No help whatsoever
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paul492 wrote:
I'm having a similar issue that it will only allow me to watch box sets and not any live tv. I called and they advised me that it's because I either need to update my app or iOS. I have the most up to date version of both and they advised that it's not an issue and it is the first time this issue has been raised. No help whatsoever

You, I suspect, have a much simpler, user problem. What channel were you trying to watch?

0 Kudos
jantimuk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi mike1212,

I spoke with the tech guys earlier, they tell me they are aware of problems with the app such as the one you and me and many others are having. I went through steps with him to 'fix' it, which it seems to have done , and he also asked me to leave feedback on the store regarding the issues many of us are experiencing. Mine is on Google play, so maybe if you and others leave enough comments on there we may get it fixed properly. I'll see what happens later.

0 Kudos
jantimuk
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update: It crashed again last night after about 2 hours. I couldn't watch live tv on there this morning, but lo and behold - it worked at about 6pm when I tried it again. It is almost like there is an in-built timer on the app! As an ex - programmer, I know this could well happen... maybe something that the tech people could follow up on? Will try it again tonight, and if it fails on me again, I will call Virgin yet again....

0 Kudos