Menu
johnbowen1501
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere not working

I upgraded to xl which included by sport. told I could use tv anywhere to view on my iPhone, an important factor. over next 36 hours spoke to virgin on eight occasions as I could not get any of the upgraded channels. given advice such as: it's not us but Apple, or your internet is too slow (47mps confirmed by Ookla), or it takes 24 hours for new channels to become available ( still not working after 36 hours) or simply, it's not us it's your phone provider. in between I was talked through re registering my device, reinstalling the app and rebooting the iPhone. In addition, I was kept waiting over 45 minutes on one occasion till I finally spoke to someone from tv anywhere team and was cut off twice. 

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere not working

What channels are you trying to watch? You get the BT Sport channels with XL and should see the streaming symbol next to them by now (channels 531-534) if you're trying to watch Sky Sports channels, you need to subscribe to them separately as they don't come with XL. You then need to download and use the Sky Sports app to view those channels, not TV Anywhere

0 Kudos
johnbowen1501
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

by sport with streaming icons visible 531 -534. nothing to do with sky. fed up to back teeth with whole episode and will be cancelling. either advisors gave out misinformation to get rid of call or they simply do not know their product. either way the whole thing is unacceptable
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi johnbowen1501,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you involved in the community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that BT Sports isn't working for you when you are trying to watch the channels. 

Whenever you add new channels, they are usually available to view on your TiVo® pretty much right away. TV Anywhere however updates every 24 hours. After this point you should be able to view them. 

What error message are you getting when trying to watch the BT Sport channels? 

What is the make and model of your device?

Let us know so we can help get things working for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos