Menu
rprshef
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere mysterious registration problems

Recently installed windows 10. Since doing so I can't get tv anywhere to work. I try registering it and it doesn't work. Tonight I tried registering it again and it is already on there (from last month when I tried deleting and registering). It still won't work. It's frustrating as it worked previously. Using firefox as I know chrome doesn't work. It's the last stage, just as stuff is about to play it asks me to register the device. If I delete and re-register it'll tell me to come back in May and I'll go through it again!

P.S. worked fine under windows 7 on the same device.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere mysterious registration problems

Hi rprshef, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with TV Anywhere. 

Let's take things back to the start as if TV Anywhere has never been tried on this PC. 

Firstly, on your PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. Close the website and delete and cache, cookies and history from the browser. 

Once you've done this open a fresh browser tab and go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com. Click on the 'On Now' section and select Channel 4. Attempt to stream and this should prompt you to register the device. 

I have already gone into the account to add a device change to enable you to re-register the device. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi rprshef, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with TV Anywhere. 

Let's take things back to the start as if TV Anywhere has never been tried on this PC. 

Firstly, on your PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. Close the website and delete and cache, cookies and history from the browser. 

Once you've done this open a fresh browser tab and go back to anywhere.virginmedia.com. Click on the 'On Now' section and select Channel 4. Attempt to stream and this should prompt you to register the device. 

I have already gone into the account to add a device change to enable you to re-register the device. 

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rprshef
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, sorry for not getting back sooner. Works now. 

I look forward to when the S7 is supported in the coming months and can get back to using it on a 2nd device.

0 Kudos