Menu
DNW3576
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere for xbox one

hi, can someone at virgin explain why the xbox one is not currently able to stream tv anywhere, in a previous post virgin states that tv anywhere can now stream via microsoft edge on windows 10 platform, xbox one uses microsoft edge on windows 10 aswell as far as i know, the only difference is that the xbox one has version 11 of the flash player, surely it is easy to sort this, so why haven't you?, in a previous post you have stated that you are paramountly dealing with android, surely virgin group being one of biggest companies on the planet this is a simple task, from the customers point of view all you care about is the money and not the well being of your customers, when virginmedia was telewest the main goal was the customers peace of mind and enjoyment of the product, looks like virgin are in it just for the money,
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere for xbox one

Hi DNW3576,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Great to see a new face in the crowd. 

Currently TV Anywhere is not available to be used with any games console. That's not to say it won't ever be. 

We are always taking on your feedback on this and the team are aware this is a popular option. We just have to wait and see if our dreams become a reality Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

harry180364
Just joined
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So it's  not TV anywhere, its TV now and again maybe oh it doesn't work here. That's just like the blueyonder non functioning email.

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Harry180364 Smiley Happy

Thank you for your feedback Smiley Happy

The TV Anywhere is available on mobile devices and PC/Mac only right now. We do hear all of your feedback and we'll always be looking to improve the services. 

If you're looking to have some help in the email, please pop a message in the email boards and I'm sure that one of the Community will be able to share their insights Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Karenxxx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I can not believe anytime tv won't work on PS4 Xbox one when signed up to leave sky cos u said you was better I am now finding out that's not true I told the man when he rang trying to get me to change over that my children like to game and watch sky on the PS4 n Xbox and he did not say nothing about it very upsetting to be the best you have to out do other
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

it's tv anywhere not on anything. it may be that microsoft/sony don't want want virgin on their platform.
0 Kudos
stuey2510
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Come on virgin porting tv anywhere over to xb1 should be easily done it runs off a slightly adapted windows10 with edge. Make us xb1 and virgin users happy 👍🏼
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuey2510, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to say we have no current plans to bring TV Anywhere to your Game Console. 

You can still use it via a PC / Laptop, your Mobile and Tablet devices and even the latest Kindles. 

if and when we have plans to expand the base, we'll be sure to let you know Smiley Happy 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
macthesmoothie
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

When i was signing up i was told that i can use on a console... now reading through i see its not the case.
0 Kudos
MJtheGreat85
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I understand that a console application is not on Virgin's roadmap, but are you able to shed light on the reasoning behind this?  Is it due to the direction the company has decided to take? or is it due to limitations with the makers of the consoles (Microsoft/Sony) not wanting to or already have agreements setup with Sky to be a sole provider of content?

I think some clarity on this issue which has been going on for sometime would be of help, at the moment all the blame is being directed towards Virgin when it may just be legally impossible for them to develop such an app?

I'm hoping that we are able to get a straight answer from someone at Virgin with regards to this issue.

Kindest regards
MJ

0 Kudos