Menu
chris_86
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere failing to play on phone or laptop

I have tried to watch TV anywhere for the past 3 days. Could you please let me know if its a problem my side or yours. thank you

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere failing to play on phone or laptop

Hi Chris_86, if you are trying to connect to TV Anywhere via non Virgin Media broadband then you probably being affected by the following issue:-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Update-on-Connection-Has-Timed-Out-prob...

I have been unable to use TV Anywhere for over a week because of this problem.

This afternoon I called VM again for an update. I was told that they are receiving lots of calls about this issue (they also told me this when I called yesterday), a service fault ticket was being opened (I was also told this yesterday) and that the estimated fix time was 6 hours (which I'm afraid given VM's track record on this, I don't believe). Basically, we are no further forward than we were this time yesterday. I notice the VM Forum team is very quiet on this issue.

All Replies
gav_hay
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Chris_86, if you are trying to connect to TV Anywhere via non Virgin Media broadband then you probably being affected by the following issue:-

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/TV-Anywhere-Update-on-Connection-Has-Timed-Out-prob...

I have been unable to use TV Anywhere for over a week because of this problem.

This afternoon I called VM again for an update. I was told that they are receiving lots of calls about this issue (they also told me this when I called yesterday), a service fault ticket was being opened (I was also told this yesterday) and that the estimated fix time was 6 hours (which I'm afraid given VM's track record on this, I don't believe). Basically, we are no further forward than we were this time yesterday. I notice the VM Forum team is very quiet on this issue.

chris_86
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks very much. i wont hold my breath
0 Kudos
caroleanne
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting quite fed up of TV Anywhere.  I need this because my deaf neighbour forces me out my living room. I have been known to sit in my car and watch TV because I can't sit in my house. If I don't have TV Anywhere there is no point having cable TV.

0 Kudos
Mlc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any news on this? I'm trying to watch it on my phone and it won't stream to phone just on my tv
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mlc

In regards to the issue that you're currently experiencing, I have replied to you on your own thread > Watchin a show on to anywhere app on I phone.

If you can reply back on there as it will keep the conversation together, that would be great.

Thanks

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos