Menu
Highlighted
STEMAC64
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere cinama and sports

gggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, a couple of months ago i came up against a problem watching movies and sports on my laptop after repeated conversations from it will be working later today to you need to use another browser,i changed to another browser and had some joy , it lasted for a few months , now i try to log in the damn thing is telleing me i need silverlight to view ?????????????? strange i already have silverlight as i have needed it to watch tv on pc , so i thought ok maybe theres been an update ,so i pressed on the new request to down load the latest version of said silverlight the wheels spin i am asked to press install the wheel spins again only to be told the lastest version of silverlight is already installed on this pc , what the hells going on !!!!!!!!!

i was a sky customer for over 20 years with no problems , but when i moved home to an area that had the cables i thought why not give it ago save a few quid and get BT sport into the bargin,i work away from home on a regular basis so its good to be able to watch moves and sports, but at the moment i am totally frustrated as i cant watch either , at the moment there is a highlighted message that says something like since the7th march we have been experiencing some difficulties with this service we are working to fix this problem as soon as possible, HELLO its the 10th of April, i am so frustrated sat here away from home not able to watch what i pay for, i now wish that my contract were up sooner so i can move provider.

Steve Macfarlane Very very frustrated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere cinama and sports

Yeah, it's frustrating. But it's neither Virgin nor Sky's fault that browsers withdraw support for plug-ins such as Silverlight.

Sky were at least proactive about it, telling users using that Sky Sports (and probably Cinema) were soon going to stop working in Firefox, for at least a month before it was going to stop working. It was all over the log-in pages in large font.

If you're using Windows, use Internet Explorer 11. It comes with Windows 10, you just have to search for it. When I recently changed from Firefox to IE11, I expected to have to delete & re-register the device, but it worked straight away. Unfortunately, that registered device seemed to de-register itself a week later, but it just had to delete & re-register it then. So, try IE11, if it doesn't work, install Silverlight in it, and if that doesn't work, delete the device from here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Then try to start streaming & it should register automatically.

All Replies
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah, it's frustrating. But it's neither Virgin nor Sky's fault that browsers withdraw support for plug-ins such as Silverlight.

Sky were at least proactive about it, telling users using that Sky Sports (and probably Cinema) were soon going to stop working in Firefox, for at least a month before it was going to stop working. It was all over the log-in pages in large font.

If you're using Windows, use Internet Explorer 11. It comes with Windows 10, you just have to search for it. When I recently changed from Firefox to IE11, I expected to have to delete & re-register the device, but it worked straight away. Unfortunately, that registered device seemed to de-register itself a week later, but it just had to delete & re-register it then. So, try IE11, if it doesn't work, install Silverlight in it, and if that doesn't work, delete the device from here:

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/settings/devices/sky/

Then try to start streaming & it should register automatically.

PDavies
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is an ongoing problem with Sky sports and movies. I have been trying to get a new Dell (laptop W10 using IE11) to register as a device for over 2 month now, many hours of wasted time by VM support trying lots of things (including alternative firefox browser which since an upgrade no longer works with Sky) but no joy

Sky use Silverlight player which I believe Microsoft no longer support and does not work with some PC configurations (including mine).

Still waiting for the fix!

VM Programmes using Flash Player do not seem to have the problem 

0 Kudos
STEMAC64
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant why couldn't the virgin media tech guys be as helpfull thank you Crocket
PDavies
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it working for you now?

0 Kudos