Menu
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere app

I was wondering if anyone has had trouble recently logging into there TV Anywhere app on there mobile or tablet device my password and username are correct as I can log in to my online account I spent 50 mins on Friday talking to virgin media customer service who told me to uninstall the app which I have done a few time but the app still won't let me log in dies anyone else have the same trouble, I get the incorrect password and username error and get the message on both my samsung mobile and tablet
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: tv anywhere app

Hi pfh1959,

I'm glad to hear that your TV Anywhere is working, thank you for getting back to me.

We haven't been given any update on the roll out date of a new TiVo box, but when we do, we will post it on the Forum, so keep checking back for updates. Usually information about new services will be posted as a "sticky" at the top of DTV/TiVo board.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pfh1959,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue logging in to the app from both your devices. 

Do you have an active TiVo® subscription?  If not, you will need one in order to use the app. 

If you have got one, have you made any changes to it in the last 24 hours? If so then it can take 24 hours for TV Anywhere to sync with the updates. During this time the Username Error message may appear. 

Are you able to login to the website version of TV Anywhere on a PC / Laptop? anywhere.virginmedia.com. If not then try resetting the password within My Virgin Media and trying again. 

Make sure you are typing the username and password into the app and not relying on Autofill as sometimes they can add an extra space or auto capitalise the first letter. Both of these would produce this error. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

pfh1959
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I changed my tivo box last Thursday as I had a fault I am a 200XL customer . I can log into to online version to see what recording I have got etc I use a ntlworld email and wondered if it is that's causing the log in error saying my email or password is incorrect
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pfh1959,

Thanks for getting back to us with those details. Apologies that you have had problems with the TV Anywhere service and for the delay in getting back to you.

The ntlworld.com email address won't cause a problem logging in to TVA as long as this is your primary (or Admin) account set for your TVA services. If this is what you have always used before, and the service worked, then it won't have suddenly started causing a problem. I have a suspicion that it's the TiVo replacement that's triggered the problem, so I'll get everything reset for you now.

Are you still having the same login issue?

I have refreshed the TV Anywhere settings for your account on the server and resent a new signal to the box. Please reboot the TiVo and retry logging in to TV Anywhere on your devices.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's been working fine now for about a week thanks for help thou . Can you tell me when the new white tivo boxes are being installed I just Brought a 4k tv and would love to buy one
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi pfh1959,

I'm glad to hear that your TV Anywhere is working, thank you for getting back to me.

We haven't been given any update on the roll out date of a new TiVo box, but when we do, we will post it on the Forum, so keep checking back for updates. Usually information about new services will be posted as a "sticky" at the top of DTV/TiVo board.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos