Menu
rst247
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere app reconnecting and flickers on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Good morning. Please can someone help, I have a Samsung galaxy s6 edge plus and when I try to the the TV anywhere app it just says reconnecting and it flickers at that message all the time and I have to come out of the app.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere app

Hi rst247, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue using TV Anywhere. 

Are you able to log in to the app or does this happen as soon as you open it? 

Have you previously been able to use this device or is this a new issue?

What OS are you running on your device?

Make sure you are running the latest version of TV Anywhere by un-installing and reinstalling it. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rst247
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I am running Android 5.1.1. I have my email and password on the screen and that's when it says reconnecting and flickers permanently whilst saying that. I have installed the latest version this week. It previously worked on my galaxy s4 but I hadn't used it for a while and when I upgraded my phone it just won't work with it at all.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rst247,

Thank you for getting back to us with that information. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post and that you are still unable to access TV Anywhere services.

I've been able to access your account via your Forum details and have reset your TVA on the server. I've just tested TVA on a Samsung S6 Edge running 5.1.1 OS and it's working fine, so there shouldn't be any incompatibility issues with your mobile. 

Try the TVA app again and if you are getting the same issue, please let me know the following:

• Are you connecting via WiFi only? (TVA won't work via 3G or 4G)
  • Log onto My Virgin Media and change your primary account password and retry TVA. Has this made a difference?
  • Please test this on a different device. What are the results of this?

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rst247
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I tried it on my wife's galaxy s4 and it works fine. I tried your tips to trying to get it to work on mine and I'm still getting the same thing, a flickering screen saying reconnecting and that's as far as it goes
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rst247,

Thanks for coming back to us again Smiley Happy 

As it's working on your wife's S4, this rules out the issue being an account problem. 

Have you tried deleting the saved username and password and re typing it? Sometimes autofill can add a space which would invalid the details. 

Have you tried re-registering the device since you updated the OS on your device? If not, give it a try and see how this goes. 

To re-register the device, using a PC/Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings.

Remove the S6 registration by clicking on the Delete button. 

Once you've done this, using the S6 you are trying to re-register, open up the TV Anywhere app and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device. 

Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
rst247
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I tried it and it didn't work but I have now turned off wifi calls on my phone and the app works. It's not the best solution but at least I can use the app now.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi rst247,

Thanks so much for coming back to me on this. 

It's not the best solution but is certainly a work around for now. 

If you have any further issues, come back to me and let me know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.
Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos