Menu
rammie1962
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere app password problems

my virgin account password is not being recognised on the tv anywhere app on either my samsung galaxy 5 or my ipad...but account password is fine on the main virgin media webpages for account viewing purposes... anyone any suggestions?

Stephen

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere app password problems

I've had that happen to me on a few occasions. Sounds strange, but a reboot of the Tivo has fixed it for me - Rebooting phone or ipad (galaxy s5 as well!) didn't.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
rammie1962
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

no...did not work.. can't get tv anywhere to accept my correct password details...not happy...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi rammie1962,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us and involved in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are not able to sign into TV Anywhere via the app. I know you've said you've been able to log in to your account via My Virgin Media but have you tried the Online version of TV Anywhere? anywhere.virginmedia.com

Have you made any changes to your TiVo® package in the last 24 hours? If so then it can take 24 hours for TV Anywhere to sync with the updates. During this time the Username Error message may appear. 

Make sure you are also typing the username and password into the app and not relying on Autofill as sometimes they can add an extra space or auto capitalise the first letter. Both of these would produce this error. 

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
rammie1962
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

password has been picked up now... but unable to see the tivo box on... says no tivo box on my network... but am using same wifi network on phone and ipad with the tivo box...have set up the tivo box to see my devices...but no joy... had no problems with skygo working on my devices... but tv anywhere... is a knightmare.

further help reqd please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi rammie1962,

Thank you for getting back to us. I'm sorry that you are still experiencing problems with TV Anywhere. 

Looking into this further, I can see that when you first reported this, your TiVo had only recently been installed. 

I've re-synchronized your TV Anywhere on the server and sent refresh signals to your TiVo. Please reboot the TiVo and retry accessing TV Anywhere. Also, please download and register for the Sky Movie and Sky Sports apps on your devices as well (or the website via a computer/laptop).

I also suggest having a look at our Help & Support pages on our main website: TV Anywhere Help & Support.

Please let us know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
rammie1962
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

sorry to report that it still says no tivo box on network...tv anywhere useless without tivo on network.... am seriously not happy now... never had such problems with skygo ever.. seriously thinking I made big mistake in coming across to the tivo box

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

hi rammie im having the same issue with virgin anywhere app i thought i wanted just to watch sky sports but i filled in info on virgin security details and it was access denied you have to subscribe to sport package before you can watch videos my virgin media password isnt working for me neither jonni
0 Kudos
Martan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Same app password problem. Doesn't recognise on either iPhone's we have. 2nd TiVo box installed on Thursday. First box good few years installed. Both boxes rebooted yesterday with no difference.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Martan
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

OK. Reading this I tried the online version. This allows me lo manage my TiVo boxes but doesn't let me watch TV. Unsupported device messages but continue anyway selected.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos