Menu
philipbrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere app on s6 edge problems

hi .

ive just got an s6 edge and the tv anywhere app dosnt work , is there something I can do to fix this or is it not possible ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere app on s6 edge problems

Hi philipbrown

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read that you're unable to use TV Anywhere on your Samsung S6 Edge.

Do you get any error messages when trying to stream a channel? Is the issue upon signing in? If you can explain how it doesn't work that will help us further.

From looking at your account, there are 2 devices that are registered to use TV Anywhere. If you sign into your TV Anywhere account through a laptop/PC, on the right hand side under My Profile select Device Settings. This will show the devices that are registered for TV Anywhere.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
philipbrown
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Thank you for you reply . The problem I'm having is that when I try to connect to tv anywhere is that after singing in the app just keeps saying it reconnecting and dosnt do anything after that . Ive went online and changed my devices to try and see if that helps and it didn't do anything at all .

Philip

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philip

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Can you let me know which device this is please? The make and model would be great.

Have you tried to un-install and re-install the app?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
philipbrown
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Thanks for the quick reply . my devices is the Samsung galaxy s6 edge . and ive had tried several times to uninstall the app and start again without any luck . I always had the app on a galaxy alpha and it always worked fine . its a great app and I hope I can get it working again .

Thanks again

Philip

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philip

Sorry for the late reply.

On your Samsung S6 do you know what OS it is running on?

Does it accept your username and password at all?

Are you connected by wireless or 3G on your phone?

Have you still got the Galaxy Alpha or another device you can try this on?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
philipbrown
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi samantha
Ive tried my phone on 4g and wireless and none of them work . It allows me to sign in but once it trys to sign in thats when the problem starts . The app on My galaxy alpha still works fine , but i dont use the phone anymore . My s6 edge is running on android 5.1.1 .
Thank you
Philip
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philip

I do appreciate all the checks you are completing.

At the moment it does only show that the Samsung S6 is registered to use TV Anywhere. Make sure that you turn off 3G on the phone as it will only work through wireless. As you mentioned another device works fine, we know that this is not an account issue.

Can you check to see if wifi calls on the phone is enabled please? If this is enabled, turn it off and see if that works.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

0 Kudos
philipbrown
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi samantha
Its working now . The wifi calling must have conflicted with it . Turning it off done the trick .
Thank you very much for all you help.
Philip
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philip

Well after all that, I am really glad this is now working for you, that's great Smiley Happy

If there are any further issues by all means let us know.

Take care

Sam