Menu
cherylanddoug
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

tv anywhere. NOT-live content on android

hi folks.

Have an android device and want to watch catchup tv on it. my job means i never have access to a tv when the shows i want to watch are on. and when i am home i cant use the tv because other family members are either using it or sleeping.

So went to bbc iplayer. it made me download an app. ok. download. perfect all works fine. but bbc only has some of the shows i want.

I have the best tv package virgin offers. went to virgin online content on desktop. great all the stuff i want to watch is there. can watch it when i want on desktop. but i want to be able to watch it on my android device like i can with bbc iplayer, as my son regularly kicks me off desktop. so went to try on android device, made me download an app. made me wire up my tivo box to my modem? wierd but did it anyway. all seems to be working fine. Device is registered with virgin and everything, all that hoohaa. can watch live tv on it but only for certain channels. other stuff it says. "watch on tv" comical first time but quickly annoying.

Am i missing something here or has virgin made it deliberately so you cant watch any of the TV anywhere non-live content with the TV Anywhere app?

Sorry if that read a bit ranty, but im positive im missing something. as it stands the tv anywhere app appears to be some sort of glorified remote..they gave me a remote with the box..or am i doing something wrong? is there a way to watch virgin's non-live content on an android device?

thanks all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere. NOT-live content on android

Hi cherylanddoug, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. it's great to have a new face join us. 

The Android and iOS apps were made for you to be able to manage your TiVo® boxes. Live streaming was then introduced later on. Currently Catch Up and On Demand isn't a feature of the TV Anywhere apps so this is why you're not able to see these.

Catch Up and On Demand content is available to view from a desktop PC or Laptop as you've already discovered. 

We are always looking at new ways to improve the app and this feature has been fed back so who knows what will be coming in the future Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cherylanddoug
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv anywhere. NOT-live content on android

Thanks for the response, that makes sence i suppose.

It did seem wierd to me that Virgin weren't supplying a service that its competitors have been suplying for some time now. Virgin is usually at the fore when it comes to stuff like this, being more of a tech company than just a broadcaster like say the BBC. But as you say, they are getting there and this could be on the cards for the future.

I look forward to seeing this being developed in due course.

Thank you.

0 Kudos